Replacing boards with pegs

shunternz

.020 Over
Hi. Anyone know if it it possible to replace the floorboards on the Touring with pegs. I had a 05 R3 Classic. Have just gone to an 08 R3 Touring. I am not feeling good about boards. I thought after a few thousand kms I would be over it but I am not. Can't find anything on the web that is of any help. Thanks

yes you can change them but you will need the rails and shifter/brake linkages and most likely a new brake line for the foot brake. Maybe you should find someone witha Classic R3 06 to 09 and try out their floor boards as they are different. I am sure you can find the pegs and rails easy as a lot of rider switch to the boards and never go back. Hell your down by (R34ME) Stefan he went to rear set pegs you should see what he did with his rails and pegs.

I replaced my pegs with boards and there is probably someone here on the site that would swap with you. It does require replacing boards, bars, brake pedal, shifter and Triumph will tell you a rigid brake line from the master to the frame. I just tweeked the brake line a little so I didn't have to open the system and it's just fine. You may want to put a WTT thread in the classified section, someone is bound to bite.

Back