replacement battery and air cleaner and oil change question

xhdskip

Living Legend
air cleaners you're referring to are the 3 K&N's that flip sells.
2780 I think the number is.
www.flipmeister.com
Battery without modifying your box?
Scorpion for harleys.
No I haven't changed the plugs when I changed the oil,
why would you, they're still good.
Hope this helps ya some.
skip
Oklahoma
p.s.
I see you joined the site the same time I did,
why haven't you joined in more?
well, I'm glad you're posting now,
anything else, just ask.
skip

Hi Don
K&N make also make a replacement filter for the stock type,but one mechanic I spoke to said the factory filter worked as good or better when tested on his dyno.

With the sump plug washers,there is also a rubber Oring on the oil tank plug,I reused it with no problems.
Ive had some of the plugs off twice and reused the metal washers with no problems.
I turn them round and crush them back the other way.
I cant see why you couldnt use something non triumph,they look fairly generic.

Note.If you are using the downloadable manual off the net,the position of the plug locations may vary to whats shown in the manual.

What ZimTuff's saying is,
Don't look under there expecting them to be in the same place as in the manuel,
one of ours is, and one the locations are different, but there's still 3 of them.
Don't remember which is which right now.

one of ours is, and one the locations are different, but there's still 3 of them.

I think there was a discussion about it recently or maybe something I read in the stickys.
The manual shows the oil pan plugs as coming out horizontally from each end of the pan,but on mine and most others, they come out vertically.
The oil tank drain plug is always the same (I think).
There is 2 other plugs ( 5 in total) under there that no one knows what they are for.

:shock: I've got four. Now what's up with that?

..I just replaced my Odyssey pc625 (don't bother) with this Interstate battery..so far, so good..
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/...-Tron+Plus+High+Performance+-+310+CCA+-+18+AH..

I paid $70 for it at a battery warehouse near me..some peeps on here have been buying the Scorpion battery..make sure the battery you buy is rated for 310 CCA..

..I also reuse the crush washers a couple of times before replacing..I took the old ones (two different sizes) down to my local NAPA store and they matched up some generics for me..

Battery first: http://www.scorpionbattery.com/powersports-batteries/ytx20dhl.html

This is the Scorpion battery that several of us have recently changed to. 320 C.C.A. and is an exact fit.
The Odyssey was a bust for me.

Oil Change: Your 2006 should have the drain plugs on the bottom of the pan (vertical). You can reuse the washers a few times with no problem. You can order genuine Triumph replacements through www.bikebandit.com if you want to keep a few spares around.

Air filter: Again, you can get a genuine Triumph through Bike Bandit mentioned before. For direct drop-in replacements, you can use the K&N or go with a Uni filter. Both are available here: http://www.newr3.com/html/performance.html

If you are interested in opening up the intake track, you can perform the pod filter mod (triple K&N's mounted directly to the throttle bodies). The best source for the filters is http://www.flipmeisters.com/products/kn--emgo-filters/.

I hope this helps.

Don - Battery should be a doddle to find - searh on here - Scorpion seems to be the recommended breed at the mo'.

Filters - The triple K&N mod has some advantages IF you're opening the zorst up too. But bear in mind you'll also need to source two additional small ones (1 for the Air sensor and one for the engine breather). There is also an UNDER TANK filter mod. This is also documented out there. This imo has an advantage unless you are opening the exhaust. The triple mod makes the inlett noise a little disconcerting at times - sounds like a mouse choir under the tank. This can be remedied - just depends on how far you want to go really.

Back