Replaced the detent spring

Stanley R Gray

.020 Over
Ride
09 Rocket III Touring
I replaced the detent spring and the bike wont change gears up or down. The bike wants to move when I ease out on the clutch and would if the brakes weren't applied and it still on the table. What did I do wronge or overlook? HELP PLEASE.

UPDATE
I can get two clicks up and 2 back down when the bike is not running and with or without using the clutch. Won't shift at all when the bike is running.

I believe it is in the adjustment but I have never had such a hard time adjusting a clutch. I got it to shift 2 clicks while running. Worked a little more then and after several tries I finally got it to hit all gears but not neutral.

The only way it will shift is to adjust it with no foreplay. From the research I have done, this is not good for the church lifter rod.

You mentioned the bike is still "on the table". Are you trying to change gears with the bike sitting still ? That doesn't work with a constant mesh trans like the Rocket has. You have to be able to at least rock the bike, to go through the gears sitting still.

Back