Replace? Triumph SPROCKET CRANKSHAFT T1140049

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
When you replace the upper cam gears and chain do you change the bottom small 17 tooth crankshaft gear as well?

I have a '10 R3R with 73000Km I am contemplating doing a build on.
Triumph SPROCKET CRANKSHAFT T1140049

The chain and sprocket kit comes with just the chain and two upper gears.
Triumph T3 KIT CAMCHAIN SPROCKET T1143210

I have bought the chain separately as I already have new APE adjustable gears to use.

Amazing to see the range of Triumphs since the 595 and other earlier models that use the EXACT same part.

T3 SPROCKET CRANKSHAFT

When you replace the upper cam gears and chain do you change the bottom small 17 tooth crankshaft gear as well?

I have a '10 R3R with 73000Km I am contemplating doing a build on.
Triumph SPROCKET CRANKSHAFT T1140049

The chain and sprocket kit comes with just the chain and two upper gears.
Triumph T3 KIT CAMCHAIN SPROCKET T1143210

I have bought the chain separately as I already have new APE adjustable gears to use.

Amazing to see the range of Triumphs since the 595 and other earlier models that use the EXACT same part.

T3 SPROCKET CRANKSHAFT

I would replace it if I was doing the rest of the cam drive. I did notice this.....

IMG_20180510_085009.jpg

Yeah weird but found a new old stock one. What seems odd though is that the sprocket and chain kit does not include the crankshaft sprocket usually drive chain sprockets and chains should be replaced in entirety but many don't. But much easier to replace a drive sprocket than crank one.

the cam chain drive sprocket that goes on end of crank is a 19 tooth

I did notice this.....

IMG_20180510_085009.jpg

worldoftriumph seem to have it in stock

But much easier to replace a drive sprocket than crank one.

the crank sprocket is the cam drive one? or do you mean cam drive sprocket (to me these are the followers)

When installing the Carpenter spec cams with adjustable sprockets, you use the same chain and crankshaft/camchain drive sprocket as was in it all along.

The chain stretched a bit with the more aggressive cams but this was expected/normal.
No need to change it unless it's gone beyond 149.48mm over 23 links though

If one gear needs changing because of wear, then all three gears have worn and should be replaced.
So if fitting a modified head to a 70-80,000km old engine and having upgrade adjustable cam sprockets regardless of existing gear wear, it would be wise to change chain and bottom crank as a new gear set is being used.

Back