Replace R3T foot rails to increase lean angle?

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
I have read where the foot rails can be replaced on some rockets with those of a different model in order to increase the lean angle before the floorboards/rails touch the ground. Can this be done on the R3T? If so, which one? I have a 2014 R3T.

Just curious, have you been habitually scraping your foot boards? I hit mine occasionally on my Touring and that seems like plenty of lean angle.

bob

Last edited:
Try to run the largest rear tire you can, run the tallest shocks you casn tolerate.
I don't know 'bout the R3T, but I have found the "Standard" peg rails with boards yielded a fine increase in lean angle for my R3R.
I will soon be putting a set of "Standard" rails with pegs onto my second R3R.

No chicken hairs survived in the making of this thread. PaddyO will be investigated for lean angle abuse and the destruction of chicken hairs!

I am running Exedra Max front and rear. I like corners. When trying to keep up with @Fingers, I am touching the floor boards/foot rails while he keeps sailing around the curve! I just want to be able to keep up! He is also on a R3T. He does have progressive front and rear. Maybe that is the difference? He is also on Commander IIs.

I am running Exedra Max front and rear. I like corners. When trying to keep up with @Fingers, I am touching the floor boards/foot rails while he keeps sailing around the curve! I just want to be able to keep up! He is also on a R3T. He does have progressive front and rear. Maybe that is the difference? He is also on Commander IIs.
I run the exedar max, progressive springs up front and 13.5 Ikons in rear, the 13.5 out back get her up in air, I’m 6’3 and struggle to reach ground, not always good but I don’t rub but I’m not a chicken strip killer either, riding skills arnt that of a knee down chicken strip killer kinda rider, but strait and fast we do hehe, the widow maker really likes to go strait and fast, did I say fast well heck you know about rocket fast

Back