Repairs done on your Roadster?

Aviator_JPN

.020 Over
Hi,

Could you share your experience on the repairs you had to do with your bike? If you could provide the model year (or age of the bike), issues and cost to repair, that would be very helpful! I hear that the reliability of Triumph is not as good as Japanese bikes or even Victory/HD according to consumer reports. But wanted to hear your real voices/experience on the bike!
Making a decision to buy a used one this weekend. Your help very much appreciated!
Thanks!

I've needed to replace both upper and lower radiator hoses on my '08 Classic, and replace the ignition switch once (covered by factory after the warranty was over). Other than that, she's been rock solid!

I have an 07 classic, silver engine. 35000 miles. Previous owner put on 30k of those. He said the only things he did to it was tires, batteries, & oil, as well as a relay for the cooling fan. I have had 0 problems with it.

I just did the valves, had to change 5 shims, and I'm guessing the timing chain will be good for another 30k. There are owners here with a lot more miles than that.

I'm not a fan of consumer reports. Now i don't think triumph is as good as Honda at qc, but if you like the bike (and how could you not) i wouldn't worry about it. A used bike is likely to have had any issues worked out already, and there some really knowledgeable rocket surgeons here who are happy to help.

Yea, my 05 has about 35,000............... Gas, Tires, & oil..... & Tires - @HansO tune, TORS pipes - 2 valves shimmed at 30,000, brake pads, all of the standard service. nothing more :thumbsup:

What is the year of the one you're considering? Standard/Classic/Roadster/Touring?

I'm looking at Roadster 2012 and 2014. 2012 with 3300miles and no warranty. 2014 with 7200miles with extra 2 year factory warranty. Both sold at dealers and priced about the same. Like the look of 2012 (no stripe) but no warranty.

I'm looking at Roadster 2012 and 2014. 2012 with 3300miles and no warranty. 2014 with 7200miles with extra 2 year factory warranty. Both sold at dealers and priced about the same. Like the look of 2012 (no stripe) but no warranty.

Which dealer are you looking at?

Iv'e had 2 issues with my 2013 R3R that i attribute to no fault of my own , 1st was cam cover gasket let go at around 30000 klm , fixed it myself cost of gasket was around $100 i think. 2nd problem was split head to throttle body rubber boot , on dismantle and inspection seems bad fitment at the factory caused the edge of the boot to roll in on the front throttle body , the clamp eventually slipped the boot and caused it to split , tried to source on in country but none on the shelf and the price was excessive anyway , so i fixed the original boot with 2 pack Arildite and 100mph tape.

Biggest thing on my '14 Roadster (purchaesd new) is the cam cover gasket has failed twice in 13,000 miles in the same spot, exhaust side right behind cylinder 1. I don't think the dealer has solved the root problem.

Several screws have rattled off but nothing a little Loctite can't fix, replaced by Triumph under warranty. I vibrated my front turn signal housing broken the other day, again replaced by Triumph.

Back