Removing the top radiator cover

Whylee

.060 Over
Ride
Harley Roadking
While I continue on with my winter mods, I want to paint the front fender monting legs and radiator top cover.
Has anyone removed the top cover?.
I cant see how its all mounted and dont want to break anything. I just dont like the silver on those parts in the pic below, thinking black would flow better.

Attachments

• 20230102_031126.jpg
    20230102_031126.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
While I continue on with my winter mods, I want to paint the front fender monting legs and radiator top cover.
Has anyone removed the top cover?.
I cant see how its all mounted and dont want to break anything. I just dont like the silver on those parts in the pic below, thinking black would flow better.
there are 2 small Allen key screws on the front of the cover at the top and 2 bandit fittings inside the cover 1 on each side Took mine off and had it Hydrographic done in carbon fiber looks great and did the tank strap as well

there are 2 small Allen key screws on the front of the cover at the top and 2 bandit fittings inside the cover 1 on each side Took mine off and had it Hydrographic done in carbon fiber looks great and did the tank strap as well
I have used RIT dye on various plastic parts with great success. Especially black.

Back