removing the rear wheel from a rocket 111

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
A mate wants to know what parts need to be removed to get the back wheel out of a 2004 rocket 111,as i dont have a standard rocket i couldn't tell him .cheers

I think there are some pics around, but from memory:

[] Remove the rear caliper

[] Remove the gigantic bolt (through the center of the wheel)

[] Slide the entire wheel/tire/rotor assembly to the right, out of the gear meshing.

Obviously you'll want to have the bike lifted. Its surprisingly easy once you jump into it. I think there is a large spacer on one side of the wheel, so be mindful of where that goes. I don't recall if it is symmetrical or not, so be careful with orientation. Otherwise, just start pulling the parts and you'll be square in no time.

-GL

thanks for the reply ,i was thinking more about having to remove silencers and what about the rear number plate hanger?thanks

thanks for the reply ,i was thinking more about having to remove silencers and what about the rear number plate hanger?thanks
My way of dealing with these things now, is "If there is any doubt - there is NO doubt". In general it's easier just to whip anything close OFF.

I am not sure what silencers are, but if they are mufflers, then mine are stock and I've never removed them whilst removing the wheel.

As for the plate hanger, I got rid of that ugly contraption long long ago, so I didn't even think of that. But it sounds like simply lifting the bike to extend the shocks will allow it to clear according to the other commenter.

Back