Removing left side exhaust

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
While I was working on the bike, I had removed the left side pipe and then proior to putting it back on took a test drive, just to hear the noise difference, it seemed louder and worked well as a street sweeper on the left side. question is, can I ride like that or will it screw something up? I cant afford a new exhaust system right now and was just looking for a cheap fix for the weekend to increase the noise level,going on a weekend jaunt and riding around here lately it seems that evry cage forgets some bikes do ride during the winter I have been cut off way to many times in the past few days and just want to increase noise to let them know Im around. Not planning on it being permanent just a couple days and about 500-600 miles any thoughts or hints other than replaceing exhaust system?

I don't know how that affects the engine, but if you purchase a cat bypass the dealer will install the tors tune and you will get the sound you want. The bypass runs $350 + 45 to change the tune(cost does not include labor to install bypass). It also eliminates about 25# of excess weight from the bike.

You got to get the cat bypass to make some noise.Even if you fit TORS it will still be quiet with the stock cat box.If your skint look on ebay or this site for a secound hand cat box and just drilll a hole in the baffles.You need to get the tors tune on it though.The dealer will sort you out.

If you buy the cat bypass from a Triumph dealer barter the price of the correct tune load into the cost of supply and fit. After all you can't safely ride the bike without the tune - the lean burn will damage valve seats etc.

Z

Ok guys Thanks, I do have the cat bypass and Tors and it doesnt seem that loud I guess Ill just start saving for a louder set up. I dont want to mess anything up engine wise

I'd imagine a re-tune would be in order because you've altered the air intake/exhaust balance, and the fuel injection system will be out of kilter. One of you other hotrodders care to back me up on this?

I use the D&D slip ons with the packing from the baffles removed. I love the throaty sound

The more exhausts you remove (so long as you blank-off the ports), the worse it breathes, the richer it gets, and the cooler it runs.

I ran my trike on 2 standard pipes. No engine problems, except the god**** output shaft bearing, but I REALLY don't think that was a fuel-air mixture problem.

try 2 more-open exhausts (like the TOR's) instead of 3 standards...

Back