Removing Heated Grips

vanguard138

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
I have the Triumph heated grips but want to remove them from my Touring. I have my Gerbing gloves and had the cable go on the previous grips, so off they come.

Anyone have detailed instructions to share. My dealer said to be real careful with something and I forgot what that was. :roll::roll::roll:

I have the Triumph heated grips but want to remove them from my Touring. I have my Gerbing gloves and had the cable go on the previous grips, so off they come.

Anyone have detailed instructions to share. My dealer said to be real careful with something and I forgot what that was. :roll::roll::roll:

The only "careful" I have seen is in the installation instructions when it comes to running the wires. I can't imagine taking them off would be a issue unless you plan on selling them. I don't have the heated grips because of issues with them, but I did download and read the install PDF.

I took mine off. Don't remember how I did it, just took off the grips and removed the wiring. Did it a long time ago, nothing has gone wrong since.

They have onl y been turned on a couple times, so I would like to salvage them. Someone may want thwm, just not for me. Will have to dind the install instructions and just work in reverse.

I would think that it would be pretty easy to damage the wires. They run inside the bars for some of the way before exiting near the switch block. If you just pull the grips off the wires could easily catch on the exit holes. You might try feeding the wires back into the bars as you pull the grips off. The left side likely to be the most difficult.

There a sneaky little screw or two holding them on that I didn't realise were there until I went to remove mine.

If you pull the rubber collar back on the inside end of the grips you should see it.

Back