Removed the Secondarys today and....

I had mine removed for awhile but recently installed them. Using TuneECU I set the close rate to 35% at idle to 2400 RPM then 85% a tad after that.... in first, second, gears. After that they are opened to 100%. Keeps the velocity up, eliminates that backfire through the throttle bodies (ever so often) , and improves throttle response. I couldn't believe how much it helped throttle response. Another member sold me on the idea.

You might already know this but EBC pads require a bedding in process to gain full brake performance.

Bedding in new motorcycle pads and rotors - EBC Brakes

My secondaries have been out for years. I have triple K&N's, cat delete and slip on's. I'm running a tune the late "BlastedBones" perfected. At walking speed if I snap the throttle open, the bike will stand straight up (don't ask). Not sure how you would get more responsive than that. I never had problems with backfiring through the throttle bodies. My 1/2 cents worth :D

My secondaries have been out for years. I have triple K&N's, cat delete and slip on's. I'm running a tune the late "BlastedBones" perfected. At walking speed if I snap the throttle open, the bike will stand straight up (don't ask). Not sure how you would get more responsive than that. I never had problems with backfiring through the throttle bodies. My 1/2 cents worth :D

Well...... you get a gold star for today! Congrats!

[QOTE="EasTexRIII, post: 421623, member: 5939"]I had my secondaries removed & I can't make babies anymore :eek: :oops: :whitstling: :inlove so we heard.....your cousins left town ? lol

[QOTE="EasTexRIII, post: 421623, member: 5939"]I had my secondaries removed & I can't make babies anymore :eek: :oops: :whitstling: :inlove so we heard.....your cousins left town ? lol

Come to think of it...... I've wondered why they haven't come over to spend the night lately :confused: :(

I´d like to try your tune if I may...

Back