Relief is on the way

boogerdave

Nitrous
I just got an email from Heather at Russell Products . . . my Day-Long seat is on the way. UPS says a week from Monday but I'm hoping for next Friday . . . :D

I sent the seat to them the last week of October. My production date start was November 5th and they shipped out yesterday (20th) so I guess it will be about 5 weeks, shipping included. I did the Vinyl to match my backrests with extra foam for my large stature. It ran 665.00 including shipping. My shipping TO them not included.

Deb's been doing great on the Rebel . . There was a time there when she was riding the Speedy that I thought there would be no way she'd get it but . . . I was wrong on that one. I dont want to rush her getting back on the Speedy again so she has been gaining confidence on the little bike. It'll come soon enough.

She made the comment the other day though that she just prefers to ride behind me on longer trips though . . . so all she has to watch is scenery.

Its Here!

Well . . . it arrived today and I Like it! It really feels different than the other stock seats and is designed a lot like my old Mustang touring saddle. The "wings" on the front make it so I cant stand flat footed anymore but . . . who wants to stand anyway. I got the half moon shaped inserts and it matches my stock backrests great. Cant wait to give it a try but it'll have to wait a couple of weeks. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow.

If the height of the pillion makes the sissy bar to low I have a fix for that. Just let me know, be glad to help. Enjoy your new seat!

Here's a couple of pics. We already had the taller backrest for Deb on the bike so the height of the pillion isnt an issue.

Yea . . . its dirty.

Gosh.. Don't you ever wash that thing???!!! lol..

That is definitely a comfy looking seat. I know you're wife will be really happy!

I had the taller one as well, but it landed to low in the back with the extra thickness of the Russell. Looking good, that's the same pattern that I have. You have pretty good taste for a liberal:D;)

Back