Recommended Seat

R3 Guy

.060 Over
Ok, I just rode 1400 miles in 4 days....and the seat has to go. Looking for some recommendations on seats. Is Corbin the best route to go??

hi mate,

i have standard roadster seat, 2 piece gel touring, dual touring with backrest and corbin single saddle with backrest.

Standard is ok but looks average and feels average. To be honest have only done 50 k's on it.

2 piece gel, looks really nice, feels great but anything over 50 k's you start to burn and get numb, have done 600k on it in one day and was ready to sell my bike after having to brace for every road imperfection for last 400k's and swore every 30sec's for the last 2 hours of riding! this is a great looking piece of ****.

Dual touring with backrest is really comfy to sit on at start and have only done 200k's and was pretty good. really comfy on short trips and hoping with wear in nicely and get more comfort from longer k's.

Corbin...by far..very far the least comfortable on initial sitting in as it is very firm but you can easily ride 800k's in one day on this seat, get off and feel as though you've not ridden that far. I have ridden around tasmania twice with this seat and will use it many more times. Overall you will love this seat.

One down side to corbin is that it sits a certain way that if bike is caught in rain, when you return to it there is a puddle that just sits there, aside from that because it is so firm it doesn't compensate for average shocks and suspension. The dual touring smoothens out the ride a surprising amount.

Hope this helps.

I replaced mine with a Corbin Solo. Would have liked to have replaced it with a Mustang but they don't do Triumphs and never will (actual response from them but that's another thread).

The Corbin is good. Last season did 14 day tour throughout central US with no issues (average saddle time was 6 - 7 hours per day). With any seat, a little baby powder never hurts, especially on really hot days like the ones we had in Tennessee!

Back