Recommended battery tender or float charger

sams2100

.040 Over
I have a cheap harbor freight float charger laying around, but something tells me I should not use that on the R3R. Is there a recommended float charger / battery tender that would work well on our bikes that I can leave on the bike all winter long without worry?

I use the "battery tender" don't remember the brand but that is what it says, bought it at the local bike shop, actually i have 3 of them, they work very well and they are fairly cheap, have no experience with any other:)

been there and I can tell you only about my own experience I bought a so called better battery odyssey 680 and researched the battery tender business I found most are made in china with the same schematic inside but with different cosmetics so basically same stuff. I tried several and the end result is they all worked fairly well I currently removed my battery from the cold weather and keep it tendered in my basement connected to a CTEK float tender for gel pack battery ,the charge is regulated and the battery is perfectly maintained I think keeping the battery out of the cold has a higher impact than the choice of tender keeping in mind the style of battery you acquired

I use the "Battery Tender" brand on 3 of my bikes, and my boat and have had no issues with them. You can find them all over EBay!

Thanks for the quick feedback. I decided to give the Black & Decker brand a try as it was a few bucks cheaper and came with more adapters and also supported 6 volt batteries. If it works well, I'll let you guys know.

It comes with a cigarette lighter adapter which I'm thinking would be a whole lot easier to connect/disconnect to the bike if I just add on a cig lighter adapter to the bike. The idea of the quick connect wire hanging out of the side of the bike concerns me.

Back