Recommendation for blind spot mirrors for R3T

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Can anyone recommend a good set of blind spot mirrors to go with the stock R3T mirrors? I do have a couple small, round blind spot mirrors now but they are not very useful at all. In fact, they are so useless that I might as well remove them but I'm wondering it there's something better out there.

Actually, properly tilted I can see pretty well with these Kuryakyn Scythe Mirrors for what I can't see in my natural peripheral vision:

1.jpg

Though they aren't bullet proof and I still turn my head.
-MIG

Make it a habit to turn your neck to look over your shoulder EVERY time you change lanes. Check your mirrors frequently to monitor the ahole that wants to ride in your blind spot. Get louder pipes so it is uncomfortable for the cages to ride your vicinity.

Thanks, IK9, but I've been turning my head for the 51 years I've been riding so there's no need to develop the habit. On the other hand, at 70 years, my neck is a bit stiff so looking almost straight back is more difficult that it was previously. As for louder pipes: That's not for me. I like the fact that the R3T is quiet. My day of liking loud motorcycles are long over - including HD choppers, etc. In fact, when I hear someone's bike with very loud pipes, I automatically assume they have a size problem where it counts, if you know what I mean. Besides, I'm interested in seeing what's behind me and loud pipes can really only have an advantage with vehicles in front of me or when I'm passing through their blind spots.

Actually, properly tilted I can see pretty well with these Kuryakyn Scythe Mirrors for what I can't see in my natural peripheral vision:

1.jpg

Though they aren't bullet proof and I still turn my head.
-MIG

Michael,

Nice mirrors but I'm not sure they would work on an R3T with it's mounting. Also, I'm not sure that they would give me any better field of view than the stock R3T mirrors. (Nice looking, though!) I do turn my stiff old head even though I have a very stiff neck but I still want better wide-ange view to cover blind spots. If I know someone is in my blind spot before I turn my head, I don't have to turn my head which is a good thing because turning your head in heavy traffic causes it's own safety issues. In other words, I check my mirrors and, if they are clear, I then turn my head.

What I'm looking for is not different mirrors although that isn't out of the question. What I'm really asking for is recommendations for good stick-on blind spot mirrors. The ones I have aren't convex enough to do much good at all. They're also only about 1 1/4" in diameter. There are plenty of 2" blind spot stick-on mirrors but that's really too big for the stock R3T mirrors. I'm looking for something 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" in diameter or possibly a rectangular or odd shaped blind spot stick on mirror that doesn't block the view with the stock mirror. But the main thing is that it's convex enough to actually show blind spots. There are tons of them to choose from on Amazon and motorcycle sites but many are too big, have lousy reviews, are cheaply made, aren't convex enough, etc. So I thought I see if anyone here has found good ones for their stock R3T mirrors.

Last edited:
Michael,

Nice mirrors but I'm not sure they would work on an R3T with it's mounting. Also, I'm not sure that they would give me any better field of view than the stock R3T mirrors. (Nice looking, though!) I do turn my stiff old head even though I have a very stiff neck but I still want better wide-ange view to cover blind spots. If I know someone is in my blind spot before I turn my head, I don't have to turn my head which is a good thing because turning your head in heavy traffic causes it's own safety issues. In other words, I check my mirrors and, if they are clear, I then turn my head.

What I'm looking for is not different mirrors although that isn't out of the question. What I'm really asking for is recommendations for good stick-on blind spot mirrors. The ones I have aren't convex enough to do much good at all. They're also only about 1 1/4" in diameter. There are plenty of 2" blind spot stick-on mirrors but that's really too big for the stock R3T mirrors. I'm looking for something 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" in diameter or possibly a rectangular or odd shaped blind spot stick on mirror that doesn't block the view with the stock mirror. But the main thing is that it's convex enough to actually show blind spots. There are tons of them to choose from on Amazon and motorcycle sites but many are too big, have lousy reviews, are cheaply made, aren't convex enough, etc. So I thought I see if anyone here has found good ones for their stock R3T mirrors.

Copy all and understand. I do have those on my R3T. I've no experience with the small stick ons you mention. That said, I see their cheap enough to experiment with. Hopefully those who go down that path will chime in shortly.
-MIG

It may be sacrilege, but I think some HD mirrors have a section which is angled differently so that you can see the blind spot. The question is, if they can be made to fit, are you humble enough to put them on? :whitstling:

Back