stephantmi

Stephan
Ride
2011 R3T, Saving my 1996 HD Softtail for Grandson
Looking for recall and service bulletins for the Triumph issues discussed on this board. I'm just wondering if as a group, we should be submitting data to Triumph and NTSB so that we as individuals don't have to one argue with Triumph should they or shouldn't they cover a specific repair as well as fix the issue before it becomes a problem for the rider, i.e. the ignition issue.

If we are changing the system, could the new system support a reporting structure with VIN, and other needed information.

Thoughts?

A nice idea but almost certainly a waste of time. Couple of guys visited the Triumph plant recently and were told they monitor this and other similar sites anyway, for all the good it does.

The level of cooperation should improve when there is more public record that is easy to find and compare instead of each individual feeling compelled to accept the dealers first impulse. There some dealers that are also less willing to make the best of situations should provide some reasonable expectations. At the end of the day Triumph should savor every free bit of consumer data offered because it should be the foundation for the r&d department.

Sorry, you are spitting in the wind

Looking for recall and service bulletins for the Triumph issues discussed on this board. I'm just wondering if as a group, we should be submitting data to Triumph and NTSB so that we as individuals don't have to one argue with Triumph should they or shouldn't they cover a specific repair as well as fix the issue before it becomes a problem for the rider, i.e. the ignition issue.

If we are changing the system, could the new system support a reporting structure with VIN, and other needed information.

Thoughts?

Working in automotive service I can assure you it takes a hell of a lot more then a few blokes like us to *****.

And if a manufacture smells a recall, they contact the franchises and have them complete warranty updates. And those letters state this is not a recall.

Don't kill the messenger. :(

Not to stir the pot
But over the last ten years how many thousands if not tens of thousands of rockets and there variants have been sold
Out of that number how many have had ignition switch problems
( yes I know people on this forum have had issues )
But really how many out there have never had a single problem with there rockets
With that in mind
I really think triumph as a company really is not to worried
Those that call corporate and discuss there problems a lot of them get it fixed no problem
But to set up a recall on every bike made
My opinion is that will never happen

I personally and my brother and friend have had zero problems between four rockets
Just my opinion
But you never hear about the good ones
Only the problems people have with there's
No problems no *****ing

How many Rockets have been sold?

I've seen figure in a few articles - but forget where.

Found a few with Google.

A total of 18,000 Rocket III motorcycles have been sold since its introduction in the summer of 2004.

Triumph Rocket III

The Rocket III has been with us for some time now, with Triumph describing the model as very successful, having sold over 17,000 of the 2.3-litre monsters.

Triumph Rocket III Roadster - Cycle Torque Magazine

So with the ones that have been totaled
We are a pretty elite group out of 18000 got to figure that at least a thousand have hit the wrecking yard
But still if they sold 18000 of them that explains why I've o only seen
Three in the wild over the last ten years ( what wernt my friends or brothers )other then at a raa event :D

I like those numbers

Go your own way :D

I'm sorry, but...

I would have thought that we had at least a thousand members, the members show 3,000+. Even 500 out of 18,000 is a good sampling.

But what we are discussing is "would Triumph value real numbers"? I can't answer that, but I can say it won't hurt...

I don't know if when the owner of this site is looking at new software with a feature that can collect numerical data and post reporting. It could be used for other functions, but I brought up the issue, "As a Rocket forum, would it potentially benefit us as owners to be able to communicate our likes, dislikes and mechanical issues regarding the Rocket to Triumph"?

I believe comments like "Triumph don't care", or "We don't have numbers" is moot. It can't hurt, if it can be supported... Information is power and power provides change.

Back