Recall information request

Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
I know this topic has been discussed. I’m just wondering if anyone in warmer regions ( still able to ride) have been notified of a recall on the R3r rear brake? I can’t ride here yet in subzero Canada. My NEW rear brakes went from extremely impressive, to “worrying” within the first 2k klm’s. Among my vibration issue, I’d like to know if I have some recall support on the rear brake ?

I took mine in for the recall just in case it was effected, since the VIN was in the recall. I did notice my back brake being slightly gummy after ~5k miles. This was back in like Feb of 2021 though.

I took mine in for the recall just in case it was effected, since the VIN was in the recall. I did notice my back brake being slightly gummy after ~5k miles. This was back in like Feb of 2021 though.
So you did get a recall notification? Because I’ve not thus far.

go to the Triumph site ...look up recalls and enter your vin...it will say if your bike is one for a recall...
Appreciate that Tal. Colour me stupid though. “ The Triumph Site”.... That to me could describe a hundred sites. Any link to it ?

Appreciate that Tal. Colour me stupid though. “ The Triumph Site”.... That to me could describe a hundred sites. Any link to it ?
when you open the site...go to 'owners' which is along the top there..click on 'owners'....you will see 'recalls' ...put your vin number in the box there and wait...

Last edited:
when you open the site...go to 'owners' which is along the top there..click on 'owners'....you will see 'recalls' ...put your vin number in the box there and wait...
Thx very much 👍

I’m calling the brakes bad yet. Just measurably less efficient in a short time frame.
While my bike (delivered May '21) was not on the recall list, I did notice the rear brakes getting worse over time. It wasn't until they bled them yesterday I realised they were sh*t from day 1! Very firm pedal now. FWIW, the dealer was very forthright (surprisingly) stating that it is an ABS module issue and if my brakes get spongy again they'll have to replace it. He said that according to Triumph it is not all units, but some had "issues during initial assembly" that caused them to fail.

Back