Reband Exhaust system anyone?

Laverada

2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Just curious if anyone has the Reband Exhaust system. Would like to hear their experience so far and any videos/sound clips would be appreciated! Thanks

Looks a little different these days
Had CES make a different muffler - Sounds good and performs well. A Bit hot tho.
My signature has a dyno vid that would give you a good idea - its a bit loud....:whitstling::D:thumbsup:

20130607_153106.jpg
IMG_0165.JPG

Looks a little different these days
Had CES make a different muffler - Sounds good and performs well. A Bit hot tho.
My signature has a dyno vid that would give you a good idea - its a bit loud....:whitstling::D:thumbsup:

20130607_153106.jpg
IMG_0165.JPG
Tony,
I am looking at getting a chrome Reband next year with the short muffler.
Does the carbon fibre heat shield actually do much? I like the look of it though.

Tony,
I am looking at getting a chrome Reband next year with the short muffler.
Does the carbon fibre heat shield actually do much? I like the look of it though.
Short answer NO - doesn't do much and the heat effects it also.
Chrome Reband WILL go blue even if it is ceramic coated first (I've seen it)
Thing with Reband is when they made mine they weld a boss (Thread section) to bolt on the heat shield but it is ALSO drilled through the pipe - So what happens is the exhaust gasses heat the crap out of the end of the bolt (Protruding into the exhaust gasses) and melts even the carbon fibre shield. STUPID IDEA.
The bolts that were supplied were 25mm lnog (only 20mm to long)
Pic of Reband header when i ground off the thread boss.
Also you will notic the side frame cover (Modified to suit) having to cut it out so much that I decided to weld up the lower bolt hole to make it look ok. (Just above the collector)
IMG_0864.JPG

Short answer NO - doesn't do much and the heat effects it also.
Chrome Reband WILL go blue even if it is ceramic coated first (I've seen it)
Thing with Reband is when they made mine they weld a boss (Thread section) to bolt on the heat shield but it is ALSO drilled through the pipe - So what happens is the exhaust gasses heat the crap out of the end of the bolt (Protruding into the exhaust gasses) and melts even the carbon fibre shield. STUPID IDEA.
The bolts that were supplied were 25mm lnog (only 20mm to long)
Pic of Reband header when i ground off the thread boss.
Also you will notic the side frame cover (Modified to suit) having to cut it out so much that I decided to weld up the lower bolt hole to make it look ok. (Just above the collector)
IMG_0864.JPG
I will do a bit of research. I like the look of the Viking Exhaust from Paul Bryant too. There might be a few other options I haven't considered.

I will do a bit of research. I like the look of the Viking Exhaust from Paul Bryant too. There might be a few other options I haven't considered.
CES Make a great product too, I am getting some CES headers made to suit some other mufflers I have.

Great feedback thanks for the help!! I also am leaning towards a Viking system aswell... He's coming out with dual pipes too so I'm excited to see what he has in mind. Really wish Jardine was still in town...

IMG_4928.JPG
IMG_4926.JPG
Great feedback thanks for the help!! I also am leaning towards a Viking system aswell... He's coming out with dual pipes too so I'm excited to see what he has in mind. Really wish Jardine was still in town...
Well actually I am using the Jardine twin pipes but upgrading the headers to CES. Here I have Jardines fitted.
IMG_4926.JPG

Last edited:
Back