Rear wheel refitting

Kevm

.040 Over
Ride
2012 Roadster
So I decided to remove and refit my own wheels for a tyre change. Anyway, after a lot of sweating and swearing the front's on. The back is almost there but I have a couple of problems. One, the wheel doesn't look like it's seated properly. I wiggled it on as far as it would go but it's 6-7 mm short of where I think it should be. I can squeeze it in a bit by hand so will tightening up the axle nut pull it all into place or should I try again? It must be close as I have the spacer and brakes fitted.

thanks in advance

Rocket Wheel.jpg

Attachments

• Rocket Wheel.jpg
    Rocket Wheel.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 5
That might be where it is supposed to be.Spin the wheel and if it spins alright button it up.

So I decided to remove and refit my own wheels for a tyre change. Anyway, after a lot of sweating and swearing the front's on. The back is almost there but I have a couple of problems. One, the wheel doesn't look like it's seated properly. I wiggled it on as far as it would go but it's 6-7 mm short of where I think it should be. I can squeeze it in a bit by hand so will tightening up the axle nut pull it all into place or should I try again? It must be close as I have the spacer and brakes fitted.

thanks in advance

Rocket Wheel.jpg
I also do my own wheels - the big blue bike lift is invaluable for this as you can raise and lower with precision to aid alignment. If all the components have installed and torqued up - safe to say it's correct. All the best mate

Was the hassle worth the thirty or forty quid you saved?????????????????
No!! As a fellow Scot in exile (just not as far away as you;I'm Edinburgh - Derbyshire) I do like to save a few quid but next time I'll pay someone who knows what they are doing. It's nice to know I can do it if I have to though. And it'd be much quicker next time...

I'll pinch it up and see how it looks. Wheel spins fine.

BigNorm, that's everything in place but without the axle nut tightened.

thanks all.

I also do my own wheels - the big blue bike lift is invaluable for this as you can raise and lower with precision to aid alignment. If all the components have installed and torqued up - safe to say it's correct. All the best mate
Stolly, I have just bought the big blue and was wondering if you had to strap the bike down to stop the bike tilting back/forward when the wheels are removed? Did you remove the rear first or the front?
Cheers
Andy

Back