Rear view mirrors.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Went ahead and ordered the oval rear view mirrors from hermys when I ordered the new shims. Figured we would dress it up a bit of course we ordered black but still rather expensive 175.00 dollars just for mirrors? The mickey mouse ears are kind of neat but I think the oval will look better. Starting to look at getting the brake and clutch levers that are blacked out. Figured that will blend in a bit better. The fly screen mounting brackets are in Broken arrow getting powdered coated black. Figured we would leave the bolts chromed but the hardware for the brackets will look better Black. Kind of fixing things up a bit.:):):):):):)

I have the chrome oval mirrors and love them. Good clear view behind you. The black will look very good on your bike Sonny. The teardrop mirrors work very well too. Here are some pictures of both.
DSCN2076.JPG DSC02980.JPG DSC02978.JPG DSC02969.JPG

Idaho Red, who made the seat for you? Looking to get better support for my wife on the pillion.. she has back issues and the standard width Dillion agitates the inside of her thighs. That should be me doin that and not the pillion :)

Went ahead and ordered the oval rear view mirrors from hermys when I ordered the new shims. Figured we would dress it up a bit of course we ordered black but still rather expensive 175.00 dollars just for mirrors? The mickey mouse ears are kind of neat but I think the oval will look better. Starting to look at getting the brake and clutch levers that are blacked out. Figured that will blend in a bit better. The fly screen mounting brackets are in Broken arrow getting powdered coated black. Figured we would leave the bolts chromed but the hardware for the brackets will look better Black. Kind of fixing things up a bit.:):):):):):)

Yea' I'm looking at doing the same thing Sonny, is that US$175 each ?
I do like those triumph ones and may well spring for one L/H (I only have one mirror) unit, in Black of coarse.

I have the chrome oval mirrors and love them. Good clear view behind you. The black will look very good on your bike Sonny. The teardrop mirrors work very well too. Here are some pictures of both.
DSCN2076.JPG DSC02980.JPG DSC02978.JPG DSC02969.JPG

Mickey Mouse... bad, ovals are much better, but there is something wrong with those pictures. Why do you get to have two rockets and I only get to have one? :banghead::mad:

Anybody ever try turn-down mirrors either off of the bar or grip-ends? Just curious...

one of the people I ride with has a 79 GL1000 with bar end mirrors on it, and surprisingly they work very well, I was pretty skeptical about their functionality, but after riding the bike, I pleasantly surprised how well they worked

Rocket with Fly Screen (704 x 528).jpg
I installed these Harley style mirrors on my 07 and noted the significant increase in the rear viewing over the stock roundies. I'll be getting a similar set for my 3T.

I've never cared much for the bar end mirrors, only installing them on some of my old Triumph 650 twins when using cafe or drop style bars. I've got several new and used sets in my Triumph parts inventory.

Back