BikeBandit is $207.31 shipped with AMA discount for a 240/50/16 Metz.

Screenshot from 3 minutes ago showing price after AMA discount.

$12 cheaper.

If you're not an AMA member, it pays to have it. $35 with roadside assistance, which I have used and it's comparable (if not better) to AAA, but free plus the BikeBandit discounts. You also get a $10 BikeBandit gift card when you sign up for AMA plus you get a monthly magazine, which is mostly ads but sorta cool because they highlight some of the older bikes and pro riders.

AMA members get Garmin discounts, hotel discounts, free trip insurance, and a bunch of other stuff. You can also compete in any sanctioned race.

My 6 year old has AMA with roadside assistance.

Attachments

• BikeBandit.jpg
    BikeBandit.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
BikeBandit is $207.31 shipped with AMA discount for a 240/50/16 Metz.

Screenshot from 3 minutes ago showing price after AMA discount.

$12 cheaper.

If you're not an AMA member, it pays to have it. $35 with roadside assistance, which I have used and it's comparable (if not better) to AAA, but free plus the BikeBandit discounts. You also get a $10 BikeBandit gift card when you sign up for AMA plus you get a monthly magazine, which is mostly ads but sorta cool because they highlight some of the older bikes and pro riders.

AMA members get Garmin discounts, hotel discounts, free trip insurance, and a bunch of other stuff. You can also compete in any sanctioned race.

My 6 year old has AMA with roadside assistance.

Sold !!! Signing up for AMA !! Thanks MArcus... Hey, how is Rick doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys, those are great prices but where are you going to get the tire installed? Most shops won't touch a tire not purchased from them. We've had this discussion multo time before. The shops claim it is for liability protection but we all know that is nonsense. The first tire I bought at CB cost $220 plus $45 to install + tax. The second one was $229 (after quoting me $299) and $75 to install, plus tax. It was over $300.

A friend owns a local V twin performance shop and is a Metz dealer. He'll give me a super deal on the front, plus mount it for a pitance, but his new machine won't mount anything larger than about a 225.

My buddy Jeff down near San Antonio (attended the Hill Country Salvo) traded the Harley he road to the salvo for a 2006 R3 with a dark side tire on it. He dumped the DS and bought a Metz at a local shop in Austin for about $230 and $45 for mounting.

I'd ride to Phonix to get that kind of a deal JR.

Going to install it myself. Bought a manual tire changer at Harbor, works great on my KZP 1000 tires. Might have t make an adapter for the 240, but I got a welder too. Bought a balancing stand as well.

Going to install it myself. Bought a manual tire changer at Harbor, works great on my KZP 1000 tires. Might have t make an adapter for the 240, but I got a welder too. Bought a balancing stand as well.

Let me know how that works out Mitch. I think the three of us kicked the idea of buying a tire changer last year. I was just at HF the other day. Candyland. They have welders on sale through the weekend. One is a 120 AMP arc welder, whatever that is, and another is a 90 amp flux wire welder. Which did you buy??

I hear that people cuss A LOT when trying to manually demount/remount a 240. Let us know how it goes....

Mike,

I have a Craftsman 240V arc welder for the heavy stuff and a craftsman 110V flux core wire feed for the pop cans. I love them both. Are you going to the Ocean Shores rally next weekend? Sun and surf?

Will, I figure I will get the dremel out to take the old one off. Won't be till the end of summer though, gotta get my money's worth out of the one on it.

Back