daviswnd11

Standard Bore
What kind of mileage should I expect out of stock rear tire on my R3 classic? I just do normal to work and back riding. No stunts or burnouts.

Aviator you will be doing burn outs and racing around as you get used to the bike. It automaticlly does it around Hardley's :twisted:

3 factors apply.
1) state of tune 8)
2) ferocity of the right hand :lol:
3) state of the roads :shock: If your riding on nice smooth tarmac, you're gonna get a huge mileage improvement than riders of ****ty rough rolled gravel in tar roads ( like we have)

I get 3k out of mine, & thats trying to keep the hard acceleration reserved to exiting bends & gentle throttle on the straight ( mostly :lol: )
If you're just cruising & want big mileage, mebbe go darkside :shock: I't seems very popular.

My experience:

Metz: near $800 per year.

5k per tire x 2 tires per year @ $240 per tire + $60 mounting + $100 of my time each change.

Riken Raptor: about $67 per year.

30k per tire x 3 years life @ $90 per tire + $10 mounting + $100 of my time each change.

Rear Tire

I don't think I am ready for the dark side quite yet. I am running on pretty good roads her in Michigan and looks like I am going to get about 9k out of my metz. I do think I will try the Avon Cobra next to see if it will hold up a little better. Probably didn't make 10K because the wife rides with me most of the time.

Have you had the rear tire lock up yet with the Metz? After the 2nd time with the accompanying significant slide out I made the decision to go dark. No lock ups since then.

Seriously, I consider the Metz a safety issue. It locks up way too easy and the Raptor doesn't.

Unfortunately there have been 2 Captains on this board that have gone down where one of the factors has been a locked up Metz.

just my 2c.

Back