Frosty Rider

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 R III T, 2020 R 3GT, 2001 HD CVO WideGlide
I had to change my rear tire, due to a huge nail that took two tire plugs to fill, yea not risking that, but the tire was almost due anyway, EASIEST TIRE CHANGE EVER
- put your floor jack under the jack spots, took a bit to find them and set the jack right,
- jack it up, the front will come up off the ground the back will stay down
- get a jack stand and put a cloth on it, and lift the back of the bike and place the jack stand under the end of the drive shaft
- put it in gear or get someone to hold the rear brake, undue 5 lugs and off it comes, no banging, no nothing,

whole thing took about 10 minutes, i'll try and get a picture of the stand placement after, bike is up and solid

How many miles did the Chrome last for you ? Do you tread lightly or twist that grip with zeal ?
7000km, it was almost at the wear bar, but i picked up a huge nail and it took two plugs to fill, so i wasn't trusting that, yea there was some zeal involved once i got past the 1000km service and could turn off the traction control

How many miles did the Chrome last for you ? Do you tread lightly or twist that grip with zeal ?
Believe it or not cobras on theses bikes do not last! I got 5000 that’s it Not riding hard once you see flat area it’s TIME bike is made for twisty roads which I love to do .
New tire makes a difference no doubt

Attachments

• F3356EEA-E131-44A5-A524-C98D68B134D6.jpeg
    F3356EEA-E131-44A5-A524-C98D68B134D6.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 97
I had to change my rear tire, due to a huge nail that took two tire plugs to fill, yea not risking that, but the tire was almost due anyway, EASIEST TIRE CHANGE EVER
- put your floor jack under the jack spots, took a bit to find them and set the jack right,
- jack it up, the front will come up off the ground the back will stay down
- get a jack stand and put a cloth on it, and lift the back of the bike and place the jack stand under the end of the drive shaft
- put it in gear or get someone to hold the rear brake, undue 5 lugs and off it comes, no banging, no nothing,

whole thing took about 10 minutes, i'll try and get a picture of the stand placement after, bike is up and solid
I would suggest breaking the lugs loose a bit BEFORE lifting rear wheel off the ground.

Back