DaddyRabbit

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Yesterday, about 6 miles from home, in front of a mulch yard front hit then rear hit and POP! Found a road to pull into! Checked it out and saw a piece of wood mulch split the tire about an inch or better! Wood is still in the tire! Had about 2000 miles left on it, just glad it didn't spill me!

Rocket Scientist's tag line reads "No trees were killed or animals harmed in the sending of this message; however a great many electrons were horribly inconvenienced." I guess in this cases at least 1 tree was killed and a Rocket Rider was inconvenienced.

I have had two rear tire flats since I've owned my Roadster. The first one was a large screw the second was a utility knife blade. These big rear tires pick up debris like a magnet.

Last edited:
I have had to rear tire flats since I've owned my Roadster. The first one was a large the screw the second was a utility knife blade. These big rear tires pick up debris like a magnet.

Yep my last three rear tires have ended up with screws or nails stuck in them

I used to get flats on the back of my HD all the time. Read an article in a cycle magazine about adding a rubber sweep to the lower part of the front fender. Made one for mine. It deflects debris kicked up by the front tire. Never had another flat on that bike. Be harder to do on a R3 as the fender doesn't come down as far in the back.

hog pic.jpg

Whoa, and that little deflector really worked?! Wouldn't be so hard on the touring as the fender is plenty low and if it really works that would be very worth it.

Do you still remember the general idea of how you made it?

From the picture it looks like a couple metal banded pipe clamps on a section of corrugated hose attached to...maybe a vacuum cleaner pipe chopped into a sort of shovel/spade shape?

Back