Old viking

.020 Over
Ride
2021 r3 gt black
Hello to you all rocketeers out there.
I'm new to this forum so this is my first contact with you guys.
Since I'm new to the Triumph world as well. I did spend the last two weeks searching the web to seek info about the all new r3 2500 cc
I have been Reading a lot of interesting treads and I come to see this about side carriers.
Now, I have owned 2 fjr1300 , one major issue regarding that bike relates to its weak cast aluminium rear sub frame that is proned to break. Yamaha do not recomend using both sidecarriers and a topbox.
Now stop talking about Yamaha.
The reason I did mention it was because I saw a blueprint of the rear sub frame of this bike and it looked very weak, is it possible that the same issue lurkes whithin this bike.
I have my eyes set on both side carriers and a sissy bar bag as well, maybe thats to much of a load on its tail section.

Hello to you all rocketeers out there.
I'm new to this forum so this is my first contact with you guys.
Since I'm new to the Triumph world as well. I did spend the last two weeks searching the web to seek info about the all new r3 2500 cc
I have been Reading a lot of interesting treads and I come to see this about side carriers.
Now, I have owned 2 fjr1300 , one major issue regarding that bike relates to its weak cast aluminium rear sub frame that is proned to break. Yamaha do not recomend using both sidecarriers and a topbox.
Now stop talking about Yamaha.
The reason I did mention it was because I saw a blueprint of the rear sub frame of this bike and it looked very weak, is it possible that the same issue lurkes whithin this bike.
I have my eyes set on both side carriers and a sissy bar bag as well, maybe thats to much of a load on its tail section.
Hello and welcome to the forum, if you are talking about side carriers and bags the genuine side panniers are only rated at 5kg per side (so maximum 10kgs) im not sure if that spec if for the bags/carrier bracket, or if its the maximum the sub frame can handle.

Hello and welcome to the forum, if you are talking about side carriers and bags the genuine side panniers are only rated at 5kg per side (so maximum 10kgs) im not sure if that spec if for the bags/carrier bracket, or if its the maximum the sub frame can handle.
Doesn't that same subframe carry the pillion seat? I don't know about you guys, but my wife weighs a bit more than 10kgs.

I have seen those load index also , but when looking at the installation pdf hepco becker provides it makes me wonder , it looks as if the load pressure on the carrier holder may cause it to tilt down and then forward because there is noting to support that subframe.

Back