rear shock stuck

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
getting ready to lube the rear spines, need to remove the left shock, but it is really bound, moderate tapping shifts it very slightly. I unloaded the spring a bit, but it didn't help.. Top is loose.

I have an oversized shock, by 1/2 inch.

Thinking that when I loosen the 4 nuts on the bevel box, the shock will actually push the bevel box back and unload itself. Does this sound like a good approach?

I tried lifting slightly on the left side, but it didn't unload the shock.

Suggestions?

Got it off, was stuck to rubber stuff, unloaded then tapped it off, will lube so is not a problem in the future

thanks

Hoopla

Last edited:
Too much loading still, I'd guess, probably need to pick rear end up more.

Too much loading still, I'd guess, probably need to pick rear end up more.

in picking it up, it seems the strongest point will be the square box with the 4 nuts, seems the round housing would be too weak, do you agree?

The rubbers freeze on the studs...get some WD40 in there and start moving it. Before re-fitting shocks i always smear a small amount of vasoline on the rubbers,not only helps getting them on but REALLY helps getting them off;)

i am not fully understanding what u r saying but i will try and help
first if u have the bike in the air held by a lift jack in the middle then the shocks would fully support the wheel ,final drive ect. so if u took the shocks loose at top then the assy would drop down even farther.
also if u have the shocks off then the shocks would be extended all the way out. this is normal.
the spring keeps the shock at the top until the weight is put on it.
looking at mine it looks while sitting on the bike it would try to push the diff off and while it is lifted in the air at middle it would try to hold it on.

Back