Rear output shaft bearing

joesoap

Supercharged
Hi guys..Does anyone know what time Triumph give to replace the above? i may have what i believe to be the "death rumble" when turning my back wheel...had the wheel and diff unit on the bench and both seem fine with regards to wheel bearings and diff unit turning. I think that only leaves the 2 output bearings on the shaft now:(

It very well could be. The easiest way to check is to drop the sump pan ans look in the area of the rear left screen. If its going you'll see it right there like below.

45329_7db1a3d855b43194ed5a79b26dab25cd.jpg

45330_fa632db7b101c2452922d3063386800a.jpg

the sump can be dropped while the bike is on its side stand no major work.

Last edited:
I must not open any more threads on Rocket gearbox/transmission problems, I am paranoid enough about the Reliability of the bikes:sick::sick:,Why didn't Mr Triumph build a transmission strong enough to take the torque of this magnificent engine :cautious::cautious:
Ken its a 05 which I bet the front bearing on the torsional damper shaft was installed backwards. And well osmosis is the only way oil gets to tge rear bearing. This was changed in the middle of 08 yours should be fine. Besides this is not the transmission :)

Hi guys..Does anyone know what time Triumph give to replace the above? i may have what i believe to be the "death rumble" when turning my back wheel...had the wheel and diff unit on the bench and both seem fine with regards to wheel bearings and diff unit turning. I think that only leaves the 2 output bearings on the shaft now:(

if you are not in a hurry in a month or two I will disassemble my 2013 burned roadster the trans is spoken for but the complete output shaft housing is available cheap deal for members on this forum

Warp9 ..i dont think its got that far yet mate,those pics look painfull:eek:. Getting it checked out this week and hopefully can get it sorted asap.

Back