Rear mudguard mods?

Rockmonster

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
I don’t like the look of the rear mudguard. I know it does a great job of being a mudguard but I can’t see the monster back wheel and the UK plate hides it even more! I’ve taken the guard off and the tyre just needs to be seen! Show me what you’ve done to your rear ends (oh matron!) to give me some motivation! The back end of my 2016 roadster is in bits and restrictions to ride are lifted a bit here in the UK so I need to get moving on getting it back together! I’ll have to go out on one of my Suzukis otherwise!

I don’t like the look of the rear mudguard. I know it does a great job of being a mudguard but I can’t see the monster back wheel and the UK plate hides it even more! I’ve taken the guard off and the tyre just needs to be seen! Show me what you’ve done to your rear ends (oh matron!) to give me some motivation! The back end of my 2016 roadster is in bits and restrictions to ride are lifted a bit here in the UK so I need to get moving on getting it back together! I’ll have to go out on one of my Suzukis otherwise!
Get hold of @Nat67 and ask him to send you a few photos and details of his 'rear end'...

Mudguard in place, but the huge NL plate removed to the top of the mudguard. Rear tire nicely visible.

Attachments

• IMG_4048.jpeg
    IMG_4048.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 74
  • NTSL1637.jpeg
    NTSL1637.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 74
Nice! What did you do? Cut it yourself?
Yes , but as anyone who has cut down the oem mudgaurd will tell you , the job is a tad more involved than you would think ! Under the mudgaurd is a reinforcing frame , incorporating the indicator and number plate mounts . This needs modifying also . The indicator , number plate carrier is bolted to the reinforcing frame , which makes life a tad easier . I fabricated a new one and bolted it to the original rubber mounted holes positioning the indicators and rear led light where I wanted it . Bear in mind any clearance issues with the rear tyre . I unbolted the shocks and swung the rear wheel to make sure I had room for travel with no premature rubbing . when cutting the guard , tape the whole thing with masking tape and trace out where you want the cut . Start long and work back as you can always remove but not add . Use a fine cutting disc and don't overheat the cut to protect the surrounding paint , when happy protect the bare metal of the cut and then fit a 6mm chrome trim to finish the edge . Good luck and if and when , post pics !

Back