Rear Fender/Mudguard mount covers

RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Hi Just became the owner of a 2004 Roadster and in the process of stripping all the chrome sissy bar/rack off the bike as its just not for me.

My question is ,and I hope I'm in the correct forum section? Are there 2 types of rear covers for the rear mudguard rails ? After removing the backrest I am left with a gap at the top of the covers that I presume allows clearance for the backrest to bolt to the frame.

If there are two types does anyone have the relevant part numbers or a spare set of originals? Cheers Pete

Last edited:
Hi Just became the owner of a 2004 Roadster and in the process of stripping all the chrome sissy bar/rack off the bike as its just not for me.

My question is ,and I hope I'm in the correct forum section? Are there 2 types of rear covers for the rear mudguard rails ? After removing the backrest I am left with a gap at the top of the covers that I presume allows clearance for the backrest to bolt to the frame.

If there are two types does anyone have the relevant part numbers or a spare set of originals? Cheers Pete

The 2004 model is not a Roadster ...... and yes there are 2 different types of covers ...the cut outs are for the pillion and covers without the cut out for non pillion ....they are **** loads new ....loads of used ones always sale on EBay.....don't pay more than £20 for a pair......I've bought them for as little as £7 a pair in the past

The 2004 model is not a Roadster ...... and yes there are 2 different types of covers ...the cut outs are for the pillion and covers without the cut out for non pillion ....they are **** loads new ....loads of used ones always sale on EBay.....don't pay more than £20 for a pair......I've bought them for as little as £7 a pair in the past

Sorry getting a little excited thinking it's a roadster lol, just a plain old Rocket 3...............do I need to move this to another thread?

You are good. I generally just go to the home screen and see what is new anyway. If it's an issue the mods will usually move it.

The cutout version is just for the rack and sissy bar for BOTH pillion or solo use and comes with the rack and/or sissy bar kits.

Similarly the non-cutout version is for both pillion and solo set ups WITHOUT a rack or sissy bar.

Find any yet. I saw some twit was trying to get 250 quid for a set on ebay UK but these on eBay UK come from the US at a reasonable price - not sure about the postage though. But if you look at the other suggested listings that appear within the listing below you can quickly compare and find some suitable ones.

07 TRIUMPH ROCKET III Rear Fender Mount Strut Set | eBay

US $30.00
Approximately £22.87
Postage US $38.72 (approx. £29.51)

This Part was removed from a 2007 Triumph Rocket III 3 with 20,947 Miles

Thanks for the heads up Ishrub, Waiting for a pair to arrive now, found some on eBay uk for £30, just need to find some indicators that fit the rear mounting holes now!

Find any yet. I saw some twit was trying to get 250 quid for a set on ebay UK but these on eBay UK come from the US at a reasonable price - not sure about the postage though. But if you look at the other suggested listings that appear within the listing below you can quickly compare and find some suitable ones.

07 TRIUMPH ROCKET III Rear Fender Mount Strut Set | eBay

US $30.00
Approximately £22.87
Postage US $38.72 (approx. £29.51)

This Part was removed from a 2007 Triumph Rocket III 3 with 20,947 Miles

Back