Rear Break Caliper - What Gives?

my06rocket

.040 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3
Erm, so, I replaced my rear brakes, with OEM Triumph calipers from a local dealer... and that went fine and all, but I realized that the pin that holds them in place (the one with two spring type cotter pins on it) got a bit of a worn spot on it, so I decided to get it replaced. Long story short - what my caliper looks like, is nothing like what the parts website show it to be?

Is the North American model different, or is the above diagram missing the pin with cotter pins on it? Does anybody know what the part number is for the pin in the first image is, by any chance?

The front caliper assembly matches the parts diagram, no problem there... Thanks in advance!

It is missing the pin with the cotter pins. How worn can it be? Mine has 117,000 miles on it and still works fine.

How worn can it be? Mine has 117,000 miles on it and still works fine.

It has a notch about a millimeter deep from one of the pads. I don't think it will snap or anything, but it can't be good for the pad sliding along it and might explain the uneven wear between the two pads. Any idea what the part number is for that pin?

Sorry, I don't know the part number. I would suggest rotating the pin 180 degrees so that the worn parts is facing away from the pads.

Yep Parts diagram is the wrong one must be from a different Triumph like a Sprint or something!!! Try a different parts site like Bike Bandit if your in the USA

BikerBandit and WorldOfTriumph have the same diagram with no pin :( I guess I'm going to need to visit a dealer for this one. Thanks all.

Talked to the dealer to figure this out. This appears to be the Touring caliper. The weird part is that mine is a Classic, not a Touring model and I'm pretty sure the caliper is stock. Anybody got the rear caliper like that on their Classic?

rearbrakeback.jpg

your picture looks like every rear caliper I have seen on 05, 06 07 08 and 09 model std's and classics.
I'd say as has been mentioned that the pads were not properly fitted into the caliper last time round

Back