Rear brake pipe MOT fail !!!!

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Hi

Had the annual MOT Test Saturday on the Rocket
( For those not familiar MOT stands for Ministry of Transport a yearly mandatory inspection for road vehicles over 3 years old in the UK )

Not only did I get frost bite riding to the Test station and the bike got Filthy

The bloody thing FAILED :mad:

No rear reflector on my illegal small number plate ..I was hoping they might notice to be honest
Frayed clutch cable at the lever
rear brake pad material separating from the back plate

The first 3 are easy fixes the main problem is the metal pipe from the rear brake master cylinder to the bottom of the brake light switch at some point this has somehow been damaged .

I have looked at part suppliers websites over the weekend and no one shows this part in stock ( T2023131 / T2021202 no sure which ) I'm thinking this is a bit of a odd part a metal pipe with banjo ends .

Any UK guys got a spare one of these ??????

P1140771.JPG
P1140772.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Had the annual MOT Test Saturday on the Rocket
( For those not familiar MOT stands for Ministry of Transport a yearly mandatory inspection for road vehicles over 3 years old in the UK )

Not only did I get frost bite riding to the Test station and the bike got Filthy

The bloody thing FAILED :mad:

No rear reflector on my illegal small number plate ..I was hoping they might notice to be honest
Frayed clutch cable at the lever
rear brake pad material separating from the back plate

The first 3 are easy fixes the main problem is the metal pipe from the rear brake master cylinder to the bottom of the brake light switch at some point this has somehow been damaged .

I have looked at part suppliers websites over the weekend and no one shows this part in stock ( T2023131 / T2021202 no sure which ) I'm thinking this is a bit of a odd part a metal pipe with banjo ends .

Any UK guys got a spare one of these ??????

Without going and looking at mine could you just get a SS braided (Hel or similar, but there's other good brands) made up? The speed shop I went to for my front brake lines was very accommodating they can do solid 90deg bends etc and have a huge variety of parts may be easier and cheap than OEM and they come with a certification too so no MOT worries (we have similar rules here).

Just an option.

Without going and looking at mine could you just get a SS braided (Hel or similar, but there's other good brands) made up? The speed shop I went to for my front brake lines was very accommodating they can do solid 90deg bends etc and have a huge variety of parts may be easier and cheap than OEM and they come with a certification too so no MOT worries (we have similar rules here).

Just an option.
Thanks Sleeves I was thinking something similar myself

WOW! That there brake line looks dangerous!
I'm now going to go out to the garage & check mine out.
Thanks for the post.

Could it have been crimped while on a lift? Just wondering, will look at mine too, could go unnoticed,

Thanks

Hoopla

The T2021202 is for the classic with floor boards the other is for standard rails.

There does not appear to be a 3rd part number listed for the Roadster so presumably use the Classic one which would be longer should be used?

Rear Brake Master Cylinder, Reservoir & Pedal - Rocket III & Classic - Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER Rear Brake Master Cylinder, Reservoir & Pedal - Rocket III & Classic supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts

And @RacerX74 if only £12.88 from a dealer for your Std's foot pegs, go buy it new.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Back