Rear Brake Assembly

Bladerunner13

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph R3T 2012
Hey, I'm about to take the rear caliper off so I can pull the pistons and polish them in the hopes of stopping the one that is sticking on me. Question is, according to the manual I need to lift and support the rear of the bike. How necessary is that part? Can I do it without lifting the bike? Right now I can't see how I can do that safely so hoping to get by it if at all possible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, looks like I'll have t remove the exhaust pipe if I'm going to be able to get a socket on the spindle nut. Quick way of doing this?

Thanks for you input!

You don't have to lift it. I replaced my stock muffler before I had to change my brakes so in not sure about having to remove it. I'd try getting a wrench in their first, before removing the exhaust.

You don't have to lift it. I replaced my stock muffler before I had to change my brakes so in not sure about having to remove it. I'd try getting a wrench in their first, before removing the exhaust.
I can get a wrench in there but I'd like to be able to torque to spec when I put it back on, exhaust is in the way but I might just "eyeball" the torqueing later.

I can get a wrench in there but I'd like to be able to torque to spec when I put it back on, exhaust is in the way but I might just "eyeball" the torqueing later.
I have the caliper off, bit of a struggle with the pipes being in the way but doable. I'm not a brake expert, yet!, but the first thing I noticed was one of the anti rattle springs is missing. Could this be why that piston sticks?

Back