Really honey, I *NEED* another motorcyle.

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
My wife persuaded me to unload a couple last year (had 3). I agreed with the understanding that I would likely go back to two later in the year. Plus, I wasn't really big on the two I sold; a Kawasaki ZX-6R and a HD Street Bob. I've got the cruiser/touring thing in spades with the R3T, but I've been jonsing for a sport tourer. They have a lot of the performance/handling features of ******rockets, but the ergonomics to allow for touring for more than 30 minutes without breaking your back.

Since I was unable to go to Maggie Valley and since I didn't have a bke to ride yesterday, I decided to go shopping for a sport touring type machine. I looked at all of the candidates, but decided on the Triumph Tiger. It's blue, has ABS and I got the optional panniers and top box, all quick detach. I pick it up Tuesday.

Last edited:
congrats and great choice!I just sold my 07 america as it was too similar to the R3T..both cruisera.I am too short for the tiger but it would be my first choice!Congrats again!!

I felt your pain for the "need" for another bike, until I picked up my Speed Four on Saturday. Congrats on the new bike. Sorry you missed the trip...,I think:cool:

All of the other STs felt too much like ******rockets to me. I don't like to feel all slumped over. Even the Sprint ST was like that to me. I'd have to put some risers on them. If were going to get one of those, I'd likely get the Sprint ST. I think the Concourse has the largest power plant of all of them. It's also really heavy, however, as is the Honda ST1300. Both are over 700 lbs, IIRC. A guy I work with has a Concourse and really likes it. He puts 20k a year easy on his.

Can't get next to "the egros are better " thing. Better for who? We are all different, no? Buy what you like-I happen to agree that the Tiger is fantastic. Nice buy you made there.

Daryl, sorry to hear that you missed the trip to Maggie Valley. How far along on the trip were you when it happened?

This is the first I've heard about it as I've been in transit since Friday going from Lagman to Kandahar, spending Saturday there and then flying to Bagram yesterday and now I'm stuck here till Wednesday when my school starts. Unfortunately I'm losing four hours a day till my school starts then I'll be back on 12 hour days again till Saturday (May 16th). Hopefully I'll get a good flight out on Sunday am and get back to Kandahar so I can helo back out to Lagman (rode a medical chopper last time in).

That's great that you are able to go back to having two cycles again, the Tiger looked pretty good last time, that was the 1050 engine right? Anyway hopefully the mirrors will be adjusted better this time. Enjoy the ride and I hope that clutch problem on the R3T gets fixed, maybe they have a beefier shaft available.

Ride safe,

Dennis

49 dtg Dubai
50 dtg Home

Last time I was in for service, the owner gave me a tiger to go out and get something to eat with. The throttle wasn't adjusted right but it still got my attention. Nice fun ride. Enjoy.

Dennis,

We (I was with Boogerdave and Randy) made it to Opp, Alabama. It snapped as we were stopping for a red light. :(

Yes, the Tiger shares the same power plant with the Sprint ST and the Speed Triple, 1050cc. It was supposed to be a demo bike, but I was the first and only rider. :)

Back