"Real Time Mpping"

Jan Udholm

.020 Over
Hey all,
just had my R3 Supercharged on the Dyno.
I was 238 RWHP and it rund awesome, wheelies in 1-2-3 and is very responsive on the throttle.
But when the shop was using the Tuneboy, they couldent get the " Real Time Mapping" grid to work, they told me that it allways woked on the rest of the Triumphs they had done, but not onn a Rocket 3.....Is that normal?
They can Remap and tune a bike much ffaster using Real Time maping.
And another thing, they informed me that if I go WOT at 2500Rpm, then I will lose 30 hp, compared to gently opening the throttle to Max, from 2500rpm.
That´s because of the accelleration pump, that kick´s on when I WOT, they asked me if that could be disconnected somewhere in the program or elsewhere?
Any help is needed ????:)

Congrats, Jan. What was make of dyno was used?

Use of a PC3USB will give you full control of the accelerator pump feature. Tuning with both TuneBoy and PC3 gives you the best from the stock ECU (timing and accelerator pump controls).

By "real time mapping", I think you're referring to DynoJet's Tune Link program. Tune Link allows for much faster mapping, and can be used with TuneBoy if the dyno computer has compatible ports. Tune Link will only function if the bike has a PC3.

Last edited:

hello hombre,
do you mean that I shall run Tuneboy & PC3 USB at the same time, which program ?
What my tuner was looking for was a kind of 3D map, he could see it all right,in the Tuneboy program, but only as a static picture, not a moving "grid".
I don´t know the make of his dyno, but he is doing a lot of Drag Racing, and he IS the man,in Denmark, when it comes to tuning.
When we started he expected 200rwhp, but it cameout with 221rwhp, and ended with 238 rwhp at 65ooRpm, he dident want to go to 7000Rpm, mabye there is 5-6 hp more between 65-7000 Rpm. It´s the most powerfull Street bike he ever met.
This guy is well known for allways giving low and realistic figures
when he dyno´s a bike, and holy jeeebus, can I feel a difference,
Oh year.....

Sorry Jan, there are 2 possible "grids" you could be asking about. One is the "G" key in TuneBoy that will show a pop-up 3D grid of your fuel table. That should have worked with your bike (unless scroll lock accidently on). The other is the rapid tuning grid that is used with Tune Link. Your tuner should be able to answer the question if he uses a DynoJet with Tune Link.

You can tune your bike with TuneBoy for timing changes, and PC3 for fuel changes and accelerator pump changes. Simply use each program separately. Or your tuner can use TuneBoy in conjunction with a PC3 if his dyno computer has the necessary extra port and the Tune Link program from DynoJet.

Tuneboy can never change the map in the Keihin ECU when the bike is running. It's still a slow process of doing one or 2 rows at a time, saving them, then downloading with the bike off. Doing this first, then installing and tuning a PCIII seems the best, if not most expensive way to go.

By the way, now that you hve 239 hp, what's your 1/4 mile time?

Back