Re formated mudguard extension for sissy bar

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I recently got a couple of these from Germany by offering 15 euro each (have a look at their great range of other custom Triumph stuff by doing a search using Rocket of their other items):

Schmutzfänger Mudguard Triumph Sprint ST RS GT 900 955 i 1050 Rocket Classic III

The photo from the listing is deceptive. I thought it was textured synthetic with a printed text. I was pleasently surprised that it is approx 16.5cm (6.5") wide Gloss black anodised approx 1.5mm metal aluminum sheet with engraved /milled white text without that textured look (must have been reflection or something in their photos). The plate has a 30 degree bend just above the visible portion (so it angles back) which has 5 adhesive pads to attach to the back of a well cleaned and alcohol prepped surface. This is also pre-drilled and slotted with about 6 holes to fit most small type number plates if desired. The ones depicted are huge German plates not used here in Australia.

On my Sprint ST 1050 I mounted one directly onto the rear number plate which hangs off an R&G tail tidy and it fits neatly inside the width with about 5mm of plate left each side. The other I thought about mounting to my Rocket Roadster but the custom plate holder would not accept it readily without a fair bit of modification. I looked for other places to mount one or both on the Rocket and they would fit well vertically over or replacing the fill in covers in front of the rear frame tubes behiind the headers and bear claw. This would require a slight 1-2mm extension and widening of the existing slots to fit the torx head bolts.

I then looked elsewhere for my one remaining one and discovered that if:
I removed the passenger back rest off the sissy bar;
flattened the plate in a wood faced vice;
used a reamer to extend the slots 1-2mm and widened to fit the 5mm Allen headed bolts;
it fitted perfectly in front of the sissy bar and behind the passenger backrest using the lower two mounting holes which are about 12cm (4.75") apart.

The end result looks great and the lower edge curve blends perfectly with the lines of the back rest. The text appears as below but between the sissy bar uprights and below the back rest. The side edges are hidden behind the sissy bar uprights.

I am very unskilled at taking phone photos and posting but I shall try to get something up.

The image below is from their ebay listing not my version.

Back