Big Marty

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
On Friday 7th August Cathy & I have an appointment with the westpac bank where will open a bank account for direct payment of all advance payments.

The reason for this is simply that we will be able to provide a certificate of balance and itemised statements to any person or person associated with this event upon request.

Advance payments that will be required are BBQ Friday 14th, Bike show entry, and Cash Donations. Both Cathy & I do apologise for the necessity of advance payments as unfortunately we are not in a financial position to cover upfront costs.

The details of this account will be posted here as soon as they are given to us by the bank.

As a one off event this is the easiest way to manage the financials but for ongoing events we will have to form an RDU - Rockets DownUnder Inc to ensure no tax liability is created for either Cathy & I or anyone else for that matter.

This provides something for every one to think about, firstly the ongoing nature of RDU events. Examples of this each state may be able to have a fundraising ride every 3 months culminating in the Annual Rockets DownUnder Muster & our annual donation to the make a wish foundation.

I would like every one to think about this so we can discuss it over the weekend to secure the future and expansion of RDU.

Be a good idea to add Seafood Feast onto that ' pay beforehand ' setup then mate. Quite a bit of outlay when you start buying ' feasts ' as we all know ;) told everyone be $20 to $25 a head . Dependant on how many want in and price of the seafood on the day i guess

Be a good idea to add Seafood Feast onto that ' pay beforehand ' setup then mate. Quite a bit of outlay when you start buying ' feasts ' as we all know ;) told everyone be $20 to $25 a head . Dependant on how many want in and price of the seafood on the day i guess

You know what shops are like always have an excuse for a price rise. Been to one place that we used to donate all the fish from fishing competitions to for the old folks homes in the Bay. Changed hands was disappointed with their manner and approach but have three different fisheries to talk to during the week.

So people have plenty of time to plan I've made the costs

BBQ $12 per head

Seafood $25 per head

This will include salads, condiments, Paper plates, & knives and forks.

What ever change there is left, will be put into the final donation.

Opened a Westpac bank account today Friday 17th August 2012 for this years RDU - Rockets DownUnder, rocket 3 Muster in Hervey Bay.

As we are not as yet registered as a incorporated club or Charitable trust we cannot have access to a tax free account, to compensate for this we have a non interest bearing account that will only be open for 3 to 4 months.

All Cash donations, event charges, meal charges, or any other moneys associated with this event are to be paid into this account. All moneys can be paid in at a Westpac bank, cheque, money order, direct debit, or by bank transfer.

Any moneys to be withdrawn from this account can only be done at the home branch of the account with the two registered signatures of the account holders. At the close of the account a certificate of balance from the closed account & a fully itemised statement will be forward to the Make A Wish foundation. Copies of this final statement may be provided to any interested party upon written application and receipt of payment for statement copies of the account with the amount set by the Westpac Bank.

Bank Name: Westpac Banking Corporation
Account Designator: RDU
Account Type: Westpac Choice
Home Branch: Hervey Bay Financial Centre
BSB / Account No: 734136 / 690533

Please note when making deposits into this account please insure your deposit is identifiable example.

Marty RDU B = BBQ
S = Seafood
SS = Show & Shine
D = Donation

This way we can save confusion of whom has paid for what, also allowing us to forward receipts where required after the event.

youve probably answered this somewhere but I cant be F****** looking for it. Sorry. whats the cost of the show and shine. Wanna make sure Im not paying less than whats needed mate.

The big fella is still working on this, havent heard back from Cheekygreeky, so Marty is getting price on patches elsewhere, all the info will be put up as soon as he can.

youve probably answered this somewhere but I cant be F****** looking for it. Sorry. whats the cost of the show and shine. Wanna make sure Im not paying less than whats needed mate.

Yeah ive forgotten to mate let us know Marty so i can post bank details on packrats.biz for those not on this site cheers mitch:cool:

On Friday 7th August Cathy & I have an appointment with the westpac bank where will open a bank account for direct payment of all advance payments.

The reason for this is simply that we will be able to provide a certificate of balance and itemised statements to any person or person associated with this event upon request.

Advance payments that will be required are BBQ Friday 14th, Bike show entry, and Cash Donations. Both Cathy & I do apologise for the necessity of advance payments as unfortunately we are not in a financial position to cover upfront costs.

The details of this account will be posted here as soon as they are given to us by the bank.

As a one off event this is the easiest way to manage the financials but for ongoing events we will have to form an RDU - Rockets DownUnder Inc to ensure no tax liability is created for either Cathy & I or anyone else for that matter.

This provides something for every one to think about, firstly the ongoing nature of RDU events. Examples of this each state may be able to have a fundraising ride every 3 months culminating in the Annual Rockets DownUnder Muster & our annual donation to the make a wish foundation.

I would like every one to think about this so we can discuss it over the weekend to secure the future and expansion of RDU.

Hi Marty

Sounds like you're doing heaps of work on this. Sorry I won't be there, but next year, if there is one, I'll be in for sure.

If people do decide they want to expand RDU and there is a need for incorporation I can offer some pro bono help to achieve that. (I do this sort of stuff, when I'm not getting people out of gaol). Keep me in mind if any help is needed

Cheers

Show & Shine Entry $25

The Show & Shine

Cheeky Greey was going to do the patches for nicks as long as the cost price of $8 was donated to the Make A Wish Foundation then all as we had to cover was the trophies. My initial thought was $25 dollars including patch and T-Shirt but now have to have a big rethink.

Unfortunately Cheeky has never replied to numerous phone calls, private messages, or emails. So at this stage it has left us with out a patch, will be sending details emails to a local patch maker and see what the cost is.

I will also be seeing a bloke about getting T-Shirts for the event this week, I don't want to fall into the trap of buying sh#ts loads of shirts and be stuck with them. The cost I will be chasing is for shirts made to order with exact quantities. The local business concerned has in the past been very accommodating for charity events but it's been a while sense I was the Secretary of the fishing club.

So far all cost have been calculated to be fully covered with posted amounts for the BBQ & Sea Food, hopefully we might even get a bit of change to throw into the pool.

To be fair if I limit the show & Shine as $25 per bike with RDU event patch, and to cover the cost of our trophies & posters.

Keep your finger crossed if the costing permits I hope to be able to include a free T-Shirt with the show & shine entry.

Remember to take a picture of your speedo before you leave home, make a complete list of all your modifications, honesty system for the internals (but if seems to be to extreme you will have to pull it apart and show us, & make sure your rockets purring like a lion you may have the best sounding bike, (no potatoes aloud to quietening your mates rocket).

Hope this helps with all the show and shine question but watch this space for more.

Back