Random no crank

Don850CI

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket 3
Hey everyone. Last year I bought a 2006 R3 with around 13,000 miles. It was pretty late in the season so I wasn't able to ride it much, about 300 miles. So far this year I've put about 400 miles in the past month or so.
So far most everything is perfect except for every once in a while the bike will not crank. It seems to only or mostly do it if I get it warmed up, shut it off to run into a store for a minute. It starts normally in the morning and after work. The gauges all work when I turn the key on, doesn't matter if it's in neutral or in gear or with the kickstand up or down when in neutral. I don't hear any clicking of the relay or starter solenoid. At first I was thinking it's the ignition or killswitch but all seems fine with those.
It will start after sitting for a minute or two but has left me stuck at the pump for about 4 or 5 minutes once. Battery is old but is getting replaced probably tomorrow. When it does decide to crank it fires right up and runs fine. The only thing it might be that it has to go to a shop for is the aftermarket security system but even disabling it with the fob has no effect.
Sorry for the long winded post, just trying to give as much info as possible.

If dirty and not working good then roll the rubber back and spray with wd40 or cleaner

Bit of an update. I took it out today to test it. It started up just fine twice after fueling up. When I got home I tried it again and it failed to crank. I tried letting the clutch out slowly several times and it still wouldn't go. I tried turning the handlebars while trying and that didn't work. Finally I tried disabling the security system and trying that 3 different times and it finally fired. I think either the aftermarket security system is the issue or the fob isn't actually disabling it.
The problem with that is I never activate the security system so I don't know why or how it's activating.
Thank you for the suggestions and I will post another update once I remove it.

Back