Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I leave on Friday for the black hills. I have the Ramair installed and the un-modified bearclaw cover. It looks like rain all the way up there Friday, not sure how much yet, may be sprinkles and may be a downpour, but nonetheless, we are going. I have seen somewhere that people have mentioned issues with water getting into the intake. Is this more so with people running the open K&N or with the ramair too? I do not have any "rain sock" for the ramair.

1. will the ramair be something that will be fine since i have the bearclaw cover on there?
2. Is there a "rain-sock" for the ramair that i should invest in? (although, if there is, i will not be able to get it here before i leave Friday, hence question number 1.)

I leave on Friday for the black hills. I have the Ramair installed and the un-modified bearclaw cover. It looks like rain all the way up there Friday, not sure how much yet, may be sprinkles and may be a downpour, but nonetheless, we are going. I have seen somewhere that people have mentioned issues with water getting into the intake. Is this more so with people running the open K&N or with the ramair too? I do not have any "rain sock" for the ramair.

1. will the ramair be something that will be fine since i have the bearclaw cover on there?
2. Is there a "rain-sock" for the ramair that i should invest in? (although, if there is, i will not be able to get it here before i leave Friday, hence question number 1.)
I wouldn't sweat it. Never ran the ram air but I have run the k&n in rain it didn't keep me dry :) I still had to puty rain gear on :D

I have the Ramair with the stock bear claw and have run the bike in torrential downpours with nary a problem.... Should be good to go as is.

Same here. I have the RamAir under the stock bearclaw and I've been stuck in a few downpours (not by choice) with no issues. The stock claw protects it petty well and if the ram air is coated with the sticky goo-oil, it will bead water like crazy.

Back