The 12 minute tune only works within the Air / fuel parameters built into the O2 sensor . Outside of these parameters you will need a tune downloaded to your ECU . Chances are , you will be running lean . This will initially make the bike feel faster but also run hotter ! Better rich than lean .
This is the point where you learn , like we all have here , that to alter 1 thing leads to something else , and so it begins ! ;) :banghead: :)

The 12 minute tune only works within the Air / fuel parameters built into the O2 sensor . Outside of these parameters you will need a tune downloaded to your ECU . Chances are , you will be running lean . This will initially make the bike feel faster but also run hotter ! Better rich than lean .
This is the point where you learn , like we all have here , that to alter 1 thing leads to something else , and so it begins ! ;) :banghead: :)
Forgot to mention that the Ramair will take you outside of the parameters of the 02 sensor , hence the 12 minute tune will do it's best but can't tell the ECU to richen the mixture up enough for the Ramair !

Forgot to mention that the Ramair will take you outside of the parameters of the 02 sensor , hence the 12 minute tune will do it's best but can't tell the ECU to richen the mixture up enough for the Ramair !

As I've said many times, the stock O2 Sensor is a narrow band sensor, the 12 minute tune is just fine if you are going to idle every where.

As I've said many times, the stock O2 Sensor is a narrow band sensor, the 12 minute tune is just fine if you are going to idle every where.

If you can’t find a suitable tune would you suggest adding 5% or 8% to F tables on existing tune above 2500rpm until you can get to a Dynojet and tuner or ???

....as the guys said above!!!...so true!......a lean tune is frugal on gas but very hot leading to burnt valves.
My advice is to install Power Commander 5 and get the bike on a dyno. Eliminate the 02 sensor and get the air/fuel ratio smoothed out. The result is a motor now running like hot chocolate with less throttle for immediate response. The HP will be a result of the changes rather than chasing HP by tuning.
I have done this very same procedure and have seen it done on at least a half dozen bikes over say 5 years and the motors are still running nice!...mine included.

....as the guys said above!!!...so true!......a lean tune is frugal on gas but very hot leading to burnt valves.
My advice is to install Power Commander 5 and get the bike on a dyno. Eliminate the 02 sensor and get the air/fuel ratio smoothed out. The result is a motor now running like hot chocolate with less throttle for immediate response. The HP will be a result of the changes rather than chasing HP by tuning.
I have done this very same procedure and have seen it done on at least a half dozen bikes over say 5 years and the motors are still running nice!...mine included.

I had my Victory Dyno tuned adding more fuel and making the engine more efficient gave it better gas milage. Lean doesn't always give you better milage efficient does.

Back