Littleleelong

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 touring
hi guys ... really could do with help .... installed ramair to R3t 2010....... ran the bike as stated for nearly half hour to tune ..... now getting the odd occasional popping from one of the throttle bodies ..... is there a map for this set up out there .... really don’t want to bother hanso ... I kno the guys really busy ...... any advice would be greatly appreciated .... many thanks

have patience young grasshopper, from everything I have read, he seems to be the master on this, it took a few weeks to get my tunes from him as I had to get the lonelec cable and such, but was worth the wait.

Ok frosty will do ....... thankyou ...... I’m just an infant on this site ...... I do need to slow down abit ..... the excitement of it all takes over sometimes lol ...... thank you frosty

Ok frosty will do ....... thankyou ...... I’m just an infant on this site ...... I do need to slow down abit ..... the excitement of it all takes over sometimes lol ...... thank you frosty

hey we are all here to help and compared to everyone else i'm still pretty new here, besides it is winter where are you going, take the bike apart clean everything, grease where needed, clean and dialectic grease the wiring connections, re-assemble, tune up and when spring gets here, get out and enjoy. personally I have found that this process helped me get used to how the bike comes apart and goes back together and has made wrenching it much less of a daunting experience.
If you really want a challenge grab a GoldWing from 1988-1999, strip that to the frame and do the above process, nothing will scare you again, I do this to all my bikes over winter, and really hate my GoldWing for this, but it is what it is.
some people look at me like i'm nuts, but all my bikes are pretty much pristine, my car, ahhhhh whatever .
Winter is so long :(

Your so right frosty ....... Ive owned several Harley’s in the past .... last one being my electraglide ..... and stripping them down thru the winter was a really good thing ....... a really good way of getting to kno ya bike .... and checking everything from tip to toe ..... yeah defo need to go and get my hands dirty ..... let’s hope summer comes quick enough ey

hi guys ... really could do with help .... installed ramair to R3t 2010....... ran the bike as stated for nearly half hour to tune ..... now getting the odd occasional popping from one of the throttle bodies ..... is there a map for this set up out there .... really don’t want to bother hanso ... I kno the guys really busy ...... any advice would be greatly appreciated .... many thanks
Ran the Ramair on stock tune for about two months. No problem. Did do the 12 min tune and it was fine. Did have to replace three way connector on vacuum hoses barely caught the cracked connector while reassembly.

There are plenty of people who are running the Ramair on an R3T. If they have had a good experience with a tune that works, I would think they would step up and be willing to share or email the hex file to you. Having to go back to Hanso every time for another tune that he has already created just doesn't make sense. Anything beyond Ramair and TORs, then maybe you may need something else.

I myself have ordered a set of TORs and the Ramair but if I can't get a reliable tune for that setup from someone here on the forum, it ain't gonna happen. I'll just do the TORs and continue to run the WayneTripp tune which is suppose to work with just that setup. The only reason I am even going to do the Ramair is to get rid of the stock airbox and make maintenance easier.

Ran the Ramair on stock tune for about two months. No problem. Did do the 12 min tune and it was fine. Did have to replace three way connector on vacuum hoses barely caught the cracked connector while reassembly.
Thanks so much sonny ...... that sound promising ..... thankyou

There are plenty of people who are running the Ramair on an R3T. If they have had a good experience with a tune that works, I would think they would step up and be willing to share or email the hex file to you. Having to go back to Hanso every time for another tune that he has already created just doesn't make sense. Anything beyond Ramair and TORs, then maybe you may need something else.

I myself have ordered a set of TORs and the Ramair but if I can't get a reliable tune for that setup from someone here on the forum, it ain't gonna happen. I'll just do the TORs and continue to run the WayneTripp tune which is suppose to work with just that setup. The only reason I am even going to do the Ramair is to get rid of the stock airbox and make maintenance easier.
Thanks buddy .... makes loads of sense when it comes to maintanence ..... also sounds better with better throttle response ....... mine does run smoothly ...... just the occasional pop from the air filter which only happens when it’s stationary...... and I give it some revvs .... I really hope someone has got a good tune for ya bike too .... it’s frustrating when all ya wanna do is ride and feel the difference when adding bits to improve ya bike ..... so many people have really been able to open up the R3t ..... good luck buddy

I still have my Hanso tune, i'm not sure if it makes a difference, I have Ramair and Jardine Exhaust, I can send it to you, but if someone else with more knowledge could confirm if the tune would work in your setup that would be great

Back