Ramair water ingress?

AussieMick

Living the Dream
Ride
2017 R3R
Looking at Ramair already and do not even pick up the bike until tomorrow. A question I have which I couldn't find in the forum and may appear quite silly to some is: In wet weather, how is water not sucked into the throttle body through the foam filter. The original setup meant that the air had to come from under the seat, through piping, into a filter box with drain hole in the bottom, through the filter, through more piping and then into the throttle bodies. Is there more to this than meets the newbie eye or is it as it looks and you don't ride in wet weather?

Looking at Ramair already and do not even pick up the bike until tomorrow. A question I have which I couldn't find in the forum and may appear quite silly to some is: In wet weather, how is water not sucked into the throttle body through the foam filter. The original setup meant that the air had to come from under the seat, through piping, into a filter box with drain hole in the bottom, through the filter, through more piping and then into the throttle bodies. Is there more to this than meets the newbie eye or is it as it looks and you don't ride in wet weather?

The ramair filter fits under the bear claw and unless you are riding in extremely heavy rain it shouldn't be a problem.
I have had mine fitted for most of the Victorian winter and ride nearly every day no matter what the weather and have had no issues.

Cheers

Al

I have never had an issue either. And I have ridden all day in pouring rain where I was wet even with my waterproofs on.

Any water that get thru is atomised and actually beneficial
The ramair filter fits under the bear claw and unless you are riding in extremely heavy rain it shouldn't be a problem.
I have had mine fitted for most of the Victorian winter and ride nearly every day no matter what the weather and have had no issues.

Cheers

Al
even very heavy rain short of pouring a bucket of water directly on it you will be fine I have ridden thru 4 hours of torrential rain with no issues

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I always put snorkels and larger exhausts on my 4x4s and I can see no reason not to do it on the rocket. Better breathing and exhaust gas expulsion has to be better for the motor regardless of any HP gain. I reckon I will buy the Ramair now and put it on after the first service. The type and style of exhaust is going to take a lot more research though. Better breathing has to be a good start though. Thanks again

I saw that and seeing how easy it was is what made me go ahead and get it. I think I will just need to do the 12 minute tune afterwards. Hopefully it all goes to plan
Yep do the 12 min tune, but if you get the opportunity much better to have it dyno tuned, Nev Lush is the man to do it for you seeing as you are in Adelaide

Back