Boydster

.040 Over
Ride
2006 R3, 2021 R3GT
Just installed a Ramair on my '06 (loved pulling out all that plastic). Already have an 8 year old set of set of D&D's on it. Did the 12 (15?) minute tune and it seems to run fine.

Is it OK to take it out around the neighborhood, down the street for gas, etc? Or does it need to go straight to a tuner?

Not uploading tunes myself... planning on a custom tune in the near future, but am I OK until then?

You’re running lean, so it’s a risk. Keep the revs low and get to a tuner.

I don’t follow how. Not forcing more air in. A less restrictive filter only allows more air in if demanded. Cylinders only draw in what they need on each revolution. The 12 minute, no touch autotune should be sufficient.

Just installed a Ramair on my '06 (loved pulling out all that plastic). Already have an 8 year old set of set of D&D's on it. Did the 12 (15?) minute tune and it seems to run fine.

Is it OK to take it out around the neighborhood, down the street for gas, etc? Or does it need to go straight to a tuner?

Not uploading tunes myself... planning on a custom tune in the near future, but am I OK until then?

Load tune 20228 good base Ramair cat delete plus 5 Hanso tune in resources got it on my 08 dps cat delete ramairs runs sweet runs rich so be good till dyno:thumbsup:

I don’t follow how. Not forcing more air in. A less restrictive filter only allows more air in if demanded. Cylinders only draw in what they need on each revolution. The 12 minute, no touch autotune should be sufficient.

Sorry but (and no offence to anyone, there's a lot of misinformation out there) no it wont be. I get tired of repeating this on thread after thread.

1. Yes it will be sufficient......If your planning on just letting the bike idle in neutral in the garage.
2. The 12 minute "tune" is NOT a tune its effectively an idle mixture adjustment using a narrow band 02 sensor. that only works at low rpm (idle).
3. @Boydster as per @Mhboldt says you will be running lean, the bikes are factory lean. I ran my 05 with a D&D for many years and when first installed got horrendous backfiring on roll off, it needs a map installed to get the best from it and not run lean.
4. If you've got a computer or android get a cable and map if no ones nearby that can do it for you. Most tuners will try and flog you a power commander so they can use their dynojet system.

5. I have new maps installed via Tune ECU, PCV with autotune and a POD300 so I can see the AFR and I can assure you engine mods pump more air and the stock maps have fixed fuel volumes (no mass airflow sensors like cars sadly) so you need to tell it to dump in more fuel. Plus it will go better to match the extra noise.

Back