plongmire

.020 Over
Ride
2012 rocket 3 touring
Ok I am about to pull the trigger on placing a tune on my bike. Im always scared I will mess something up.

But I think the next piece will be replacing the air intake...so I am asking the question. Ramair or triple K&Ns on a touring model what is better...any pics on how each one looks on the bike.

thanks

The triple K&Ns fit under the bearclaw also. The outward appearance of the bike is not altered with either one. I went with the RamAir just because. I removed all of the plumbing for the original air intake system and put my overflow bottle into the now empty airbox where the filter used to sit. This winter all of the evaporative stuff will probably fall off. ;)

bob

The IAT sensor placement is why I chose RAMAIR after already have triples fitted, it's really a simple elegant solution that comes with everything in a nice little package.

I would suggest reading some about foam vs the fabric style, one filters better, one allows for less disturbance of air flow. Cost is similar, sound of them is fairly similar, really up to you on which company you want to support.

Your ultimate power goals can dictate one over the other, e.g. when is enough, enough, power wise?

Ok I am about to pull the trigger on placing a tune on my bike. Im always scared I will mess something up.

But I think the next piece will be replacing the air intake...so I am asking the question. Ramair or triple K&Ns on a touring model what is better...any pics on how each one looks on the bike.

thanks
Dont worry yourself about messing things up mate, with a name like mine it's obvious i have broken alot of sheit over the years , i have done many mods to my R3R over the past 2 years and she is still singing along, best i can give you is to direct plenty of questions to the good people on this forum , have a plan in place before making changes and research so you can do it right 1st time. I have had both RamAir and now have a uncommon triple K&N setup , the ramair worked fine and seems to be the best bet for someone to install who isnt 100% confident as kit comes with instructions ect.

The triple K&Ns fit under the bearclaw also. The outward appearance of the bike is not altered with either one. I went with the RamAir just because. I removed all of the plumbing for the original air intake system and put my overflow bottle into the now empty airbox where the filter used to sit. This winter all of the evaporative stuff will probably fall off. ;)
bob

Same here.
No probs with the K&Ns.
I now have the Oz Claw and have moved the barf bucket so I went RamAir thinking the slight increase in air may help.
Shall soon get a comparison dyno to see if there has been a change - god or bad.

thanks
I've got Ramair and it's been going strong for a year now. Fits well under the bearclaw.

Additionally, when you remove all the intake plumbing crap, you can also remove the intake vents under the seat via about a million screws. I'm 6'3" 235lbs and their removal made the seat much more comfortable, and it's certainly easier than shelling out $500+ for an aftermarket seat.

Back