Slim Pickens

.020 Over
Ride
2022 triple black
So I am new here (thanks for having me). I have just received my new ramiar, but I am hesitant to install due to all the noise posts, Thanks

It's not bad, its not annoying, it sounds good. If you don't like it, just take it off, there are no changes you can't easily reverse.

Hey Slim,
Most riders actually like some induction sound. Reminds me of when my dad would get into the accelerator on our Dodge Monaco when I was a kid. The four barrels sucking in that air would get my attention fast and plaster a smile on my face! :D
I installed RamAir this past weekend and it sounds really good. I wouldn't change a thing.

Hey Slim,
Most riders actually like some induction sound. Reminds me of when my dad would get into the accelerator on our Dodge Monaco when I was a kid. The four barrels sucking in that air would get my attention fast and plaster a smile on my face! :D
I installed RamAir this past weekend and it sounds really good. I wouldn't change a thing.
I’m cool with induction noise, I thought some people were mentioning valve noise, not cool with that. Many thanks for the reply (to all)

They call it 'crickets' on the forum here with both K&N and RamAir but more pronounced with RamAir some say. Not valves just air induction that varies with different loads and RPM. Most find it pleasant but those who want a stock quiet exhaust may not appreciate it.

I have 2 high horsepower Roadsters -i with K&N Paper filters and the other with UNI Foam Filters and I got to say the paper filters are the noisy ones.
If you are concerned you can glue some sound matting to the inside of the bear claw - that helps heaps.

Back