Ramair Knock off?

MikeCR

R3 n00b
Ride
2015 Rocket X #112
Hey guys,

Would it be possible that there is such a thing as a Ramair knock off...

Ramair Filters TR-111 Kit Filtre à Air [12WEuB0508230] - €27.13

The crank filter and cable look very slightly different than the picture on Ramair's website. I know there can be manufacturing differences over the course of several years but this is also WAY cheaper than from anywhere else.

Edit since initial post:
For clarity I am asking because I am trying to figure out if a previous owner had installed a knock off Ramair on the bike I now own. The thing that first drew my attention to the possibility was when I swapped out a broken crank breather. It looked different than the one pictured on Ramair's website and this is the only source I could find that had a picture that looks like the crank breather I have (hard plastic coated metal top).

Last edited:
It looks pretty much like the one I bought. Now if it was coming in from China, I'd say it was a knock-off.

I'll look in the shop today and get back on it. I just sent the Ram Air to Claviger so he can do some tuning experimentation.

Hey guys,

Would it be possible that there is such a thing as a Ramair knock off...

Ramair Filters TR-111 Kit Filtre à Air [12WEuB0508230] - €27.13

The crank filter and cable look very slightly different than the picture on Ramair's website. I know there can be manufacturing differences over the course of several years but this is also WAY cheaper than from anywhere else.

Thats just £23 in english money plus whatever the shipping is, I wouldn't trust any Chinese knockoff crap tbh, how the hell do they get away with using the manufacturers pictures and part numbers?

Actually I don't think they do.

The reason I found this is because my crank case filter is broken so I took it out to replace it and noticed it is different than what Ramair pictures on their site.

Mine has a solid cap on top where as Ramair's is foam on top.

That lead me to look for all different pictures of Ramair systems and eventually found this one that has a crank case filter with a hard cap on top... and... my actual Air filter on the intake has a tear in the seem of the foam. So I was already a little suspicious because the system was purchased by the former owner less than 1 year ago.

So basically I think I have a knock off and this is the only place/picture I can find that agrees with what I am looking at.

The other difference is the lack of ridges on the extension cable. Will verify that tonight when I get home.

My cable is the same as the one in the photo but my small air filter has a foam top. It seems that any supplier changes peripheral items on occasion, that something that minor would be an indicator of a counterfeited system, especially when they are advertised on the Internet. Is it a French or Belgian company?

Ramair's website has a uk extension... not sure what Belgium websites look like but French is fr.

RamAir is English - it is less than 50 miles from my mums - been there. Now it says something if the Chinese are copying the ram-air don't you think!.

Ramair's website has a uk extension... not sure what Belgium websites look like but French is fr.
Meant the supplier not the Ram Air company. I should have been more specific.

I mentioned Belgium because about half of the population there speaks French. The Belgian family that I knew as a youth all spoke French.

Back