Ramair installed....

Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
So, set some time aside after work to do the Ramair installation with a new map I sourced from a mate of Mr Viking...was really enjoyable with excellent instructions. Tuneecu played up a bit until I switched off my antivirus, then it all worked. 12 minute tune...actually, altogether it takes about 20 minutes. Then a 30 minute up and down the highway. I decided to wear my old pisspot helmet...and what a delightful symphony it was. Noise from under the claw and the deep bark from the exhaust.
Bike is much more responsive and pulls hard...scary hard!
Thanks for all the info you guys have all posted...I did a fair bit of reading. Now just waiting for the Viking exhaust to arrive.

Did the same. Installed Ramair and did 12 min. tune. Two months later received Exhaust system and after installing tune from Hanso was very impressed. :):):):):):):):):)

Hi mate, what is this tune from Hanso I keep reading about and keep hearing he is really busy? I'm installing a ramair soon and in about a couple of months I'll get my Viking muffler, I'm keeping the stock header. If you think I might need the tune from Hanso please let me know. Cheers

HansO as you have gathered is a legend on the forum. He lives in Batemans Bay on the NSW South coast. At great personal effort he has amassed a myriad of base tunes for all model R3s and has modified these for various exhaust and induction options to suit stock, and modified bikes. He allows people no where near or possibly able to to afford or find decent dyno tuners to get a great level of performance from their machines.

He has and continues freely provides these, advise and support to literally thousands over the years. This is despite his own R3 being written off last year and being now a proud owner of an Explorer 1200 Tiger.

While doing this Hans has many other other hobbies, interests and community activities besides working full time in aged care. An awesome fella and his lovely wife Ann who attends most RDU's with Hans.

HansO as you have gathered is a legend on the forum. He lives in Batemans Bay on the NSW South coast. At great personal effort he has amassed a myriad of base tunes for all model R3s and has modified these for various exhaust and induction options to suit stock, and modified bikes. He allows people no where near or possibly able to to afford or find decent dyno tuners to get a great level of performance from their machines.

He has and continues freely provides these, advise and support to literally thousands over the years. This is despite his own R3 being written off last year and being now a proud owner of an Explorer 1200 Tiger.

While doing this Hans has many other other hobbies, interests and community activities besides working full time in aged care. An awesome fella and his lovely wife Ann who attends most RDU's with Hans.

Thanks for that info. So will I need a specific tune for my configuration of Stock header and Viking muffler?

Thanks for that info. So will I need a specific tune for my configuration of Stock header and Viking muffler?
The
happy to share the tune I’m using...didn’t get it directly from Hanso, but I’m sure at some point he would have had a hand in it, such is his reputation.
I have the same setup on a 2006 Classic: Ramair, Viking exhaust, standard headers.

By the way, you have, from what I am led to believe, an awesome dyno tuner in Victor Harbour...

The

happy to share the tune I’m using...didn’t get it directly from Hanso, but I’m sure at some point he would have had a hand in it, such is his reputation.
I have the same setup on a 2006 Classic: Ramair, Viking exhaust, standard headers.

By the way, you have, from what I am led to believe, an awesome dyno tuner in Victor Harbour...

I'm new to this forum, (it's my first forum as a matter of fact) so every time I'm on here I learn something new. So at the risk of asking a silly question (in order to learn), this tune or mapping that you can share or that people share, how is it shared? Do you email it, or send it on a USB or by some other means? I've read on here that it's better to get it from someone that has dealt with Hanso so as to not hassle him with same request over and over. I think the dyno tuner in VH is named Neville Lush, does he do the same as Hanso?

I'm new to this forum, (it's my first forum as a matter of fact) so every time I'm on here I learn something new. So at the risk of asking a silly question (in order to learn), this tune or mapping that you can share or that people share, how is it shared? Do you email it, or send it on a USB or by some other means? I've read on here that it's better to get it from someone that has dealt with Hanso so as to not hassle him with same request over and over. I think the dyno tuner in VH is named Neville Lush, does he do the same as Hanso?
This forum does not allow the upload of hex files (the file type used by TuneECU software) so we usually exchange email addresses via a personal message and then email them.
Hopefully, we will see a Tune database soon that we can upload or download tunes to...:thumbsup::whitstling:

And yes, Neville is the guy...from what I understand, he can use TuneECU to do the changes when you take your R3 to him. I’m planning a trip but work commitments keep getting in the way...soon!

Back