Ramair installed

Kevm

.040 Over
Ride
2012 Roadster
So I just installed my Black Friday bargain Ramair. I was a little worried as I'd always taken bikes to the shop for this sort of think but I had the instructions plus a video off Youtube so I decided to give it a go.

It was easy.The Youtube video and the instructions are both good. Everything is exactly as described and everything fits perfectly, including the filter itself. The only tricky bit is that space is tight and I could have done with my wife's hands (without the nails obviously) instead of mine

When I started it up first the idle was a bit up and down. I put that down to the bike probably never having been run when it's cold. I now have a HansO tune installed and it seems fine;idles smoothly and revs crisply.

£100 well spent I think; Just need some warmer weather to give it a road test. :(

Well done Kev. You won't believe the difference nor fail to be amazed at the intake roar. It'll drown out any cans you're running :)

I took advantage of your "heads up" about the Black Friday sale but haven't gotten around to installing it yet since my garage is unheated and there's no hurry anyway with a foot of snow on the ground. Only snowmobiles for the next several months... I'm really looking forward to hear that Ramair roar though!

So I just installed my Black Friday bargain Ramair. I was a little worried as I'd always taken bikes to the shop for this sort of think but I had the instructions plus a video off Youtube so I decided to give it a go.

It was easy.The Youtube video and the instructions are both good. Everything is exactly as described and everything fits perfectly, including the filter itself. The only tricky bit is that space is tight and I could have done with my wife's hands (without the nails obviously) instead of mine

When I started it up first the idle was a bit up and down. I put that down to the bike probably never having been run when it's cold. I now have a HansO tune installed and it seems fine;idles smoothly and revs crisply.

£100 well spent I think; Just need some warmer weather to give it a road test. :(
That filter is in a tight spot alright...That wee bit of rubber hose in there that becomes redundant is actually useful. I flicked it off with a big screwdriver...at the top too, and cut it thru at the elbow. I then put it back over the nipple and used a hose joiner to put the filter into the end of the rubber hose...nearer to the cover and easier to get at to clean.....theres more than one way to skin a cat!

Enjoy the sound of the environment being sucked thru that filter !
Just be sure not to tighten the clips too much on the inlets . Less is more and more can result in damage to the inlet rubbers on the filter . An easily made , but expensive mistake ! Also the ramair needs surprisingly little filter oil to work best , again a case of less is more ! :)

...there's no hurry anyway with a foot of snow on the ground.

Better make that 2 feet of snow. Got another foot of the wet, heavy crap last night! At least the snowmobiling on Sunday will be good...

Enjoy the sound of the environment being sucked thru that filter !
Just be sure not to tighten the clips too much on the inlets . Less is more and more can result in damage to the inlet rubbers on the filter . An easily made , but expensive mistake ! Also the ramair needs surprisingly little filter oil to work best , again a case of less is more ! :)

yup, was veeeeeeery careful with the jubilee clips. With the bear claw off I could feel the air being sucked in - brilliant!!

What a few people have done, myself included is to use zip ties to secure the Ram Air filter to the throttle body. I did it because I have left the clamps on the loose side and don't really know how much loose is too much. So the zip ties will keep it in place even if the clamps don't. ;)

bob

I did the same Bob...poked two wee holes thru near the base and threaded them thru then pulled the whole ramair down tight....zip ties are cheap.

What a few people have done, myself included is to use zip ties to secure the Ram Air filter to the throttle body. I did it because I have left the clamps on the loose side and don't really know how much loose is too much. So the zip ties will keep it in place even if the clamps don't. ;)

bob

That's what I am planning to do when the weather gets better and I install it. I had seen that zip tie tip a short while back. Not sure if it was you or somebody else but I am thankful for the tip regardless.

Back