Ramair filter servicing

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Hey up chaps any advice on cleaning ramair filter and would it need lubing afterwards seems to be very dry afraid of it falling apart and getting inducted:eek:

EasTexRIII

Uneasy Rider
Ride
05 Rocket III, Trek Road bike, Trek Mountain bike
Will K&N cleaner and lube work?

Ram Air says to only use their "specially formulated" product - maybe just to sell more of their product, but their filter is made of foam vs the k&n being a paper type material, so might not be compatible :confused:

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I recall reading here that the Ramair filter fluid is a gooey mess.
The K&N stuff is mineral oil, not sticky at all.

EasTexRIII

Uneasy Rider
Ride
05 Rocket III, Trek Road bike, Trek Mountain bike
I recall reading here that the Ramair filter fluid is a gooey mess.
The K&N stuff is mineral oil, not sticky at all.

Hmm. I have some of the Ramair fluid. I'll check it when I get home & try to remember to post back up on it

Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
The Ramair filter oil is sticky to say the very least ! You have to put the smallest amount on your hand and caress it over the filter . Ramair says bout a spoonful , that's an awful amount of caressing to spread it evenly . If you close your eyes and wear rubber gloves it's kind of sexual . Like a 3 breasted nubile . That's what @Eas

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock