RAMAIR/Dobeck AFR+ map needed for TuneECU

xlr8tion

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 BMW S1000XR
My first post here in the Tuning section....so please forgive my ignorance on the issue.

I have a 07 R3C which is stock until I added a RAMAIR and a Dobeck AFR+.

I understand that with a RAMAIR intake I will run more lean than stock and the DP AFR+ requires the installation of a null plug on the ECU's O2 sensor as well as swapping in a Bosch wideband 02 in lieu of the narrow band which is connected to the Dobeck EFI controller.

Here is my problem and my question to experts in tuning.

The DP AFR+ is malfunctioning so I have unplugged it and that causes the system, as I understand to default back to the stock map w/o a 02 sensor as I have the null plug installed.

Dobeck is saying that the simultaneous install of both mods is confusing their system so I unplugged the AFR+ gauge and the bike idles fine at 900 and runs fine-albeit the R3 has lost torque(Claviger has dyno charts of 27ft;bs of torque lost with the RAMAIR and stock exhaust) but revs much quicker.

My question is::

WHICH MAP from TUNE ECU should I be using if I were running the RAMAIR as the only mod with the 02 deleted in order to richen it up a bit and get back some of that torque. Do I need to open my secondaries and should I lower my cooling fan temp kick in?

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me as I went from having a strong running stock bike to a less torquey hotter running bike with a RAMAIR and a non functional AFR+. I believe the AFR+ is defective as even with the RAMAIR with a stock exhaust I should not be outsidee what the Wideband lambda provided by Dobeck can read....The bike starts and runs normal...I just don't want to damage the valves by running too lean.

I will receive my ECU cable tomorrow and I have lurked for a while reading alot of @HansO etc posts about tuning and was not confident enough to alter the ECU's mapping....]

Now it looks like that will be mandatory with the RAMAIR and I would appreciate any help as I am not going to ride the bike until I can determine what Stock Map is on there(the label is worn off) and what tune you guys think I should have with a RAMAIR installed on a stock exhaust. Perhaps then the DF AFR+ will work(this is Dobecks theory) but I am more concerned about having the correct tune on for the substantial amount of extra air the RAMAIR allows into the system.

Thanks in advance for your advice and wisdom....

Cheers....Greg

Attachments

• 1-ecu.jpg
    1-ecu.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1-ram.jpg
    1-ram.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 1-Rocket1.jpg
    1-Rocket1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
Most people go for a performance exhaust with the triple filters or Ramair so there probably isn't a tune specifically for just Ramair. Hanso or Claviger can probably give you a tune that is richer than stock. Hanso sent me a tune called Blasted Bones which worked OK on my 2007 R3C with Jardines and triple filters. PM me with your email and I'll send it. If anything, it will run rich.

If you look on the tuneecu site, it has all of the stock tunes for the older R3s and newer R3R. Still, you should be able to get the Dobek to work, asuming it isn't broken, in which case they should replace it.

Back