Ramair and Lonelec Cable Arrived

AussieMick

Living the Dream
Ride
2017 R3R
Well the Ramair and Lonelec Cable arrived today.
Ramair: Read the instructions and checked out the YouTube install and read the Forums, looks like an easy enough job. Slow, steady and followed by a 12 Minute Tune.

Lonelec and TuneECU: Now this is going to take some serious thought. Was thinking of doing something simple to start with like throttle body balancing. Then maybe look at tunes. I suppose it is like everything new and once you do it once, the next time is easier. Geez I hope so.

Just go to Lushy mate, saves you time and worry.
Did not know if it was worth it to go there yet before I got the pipes as well. Will fit the Ramair and do the 12 minute tune at the very least. Having Lushy so close it certainly makes sense to get him to do it. Have you been for a ride since your recent tune?

Re TuneECU just practice by reading, saving then reloading your existing tune.

Re RamAir, only necessary to remove the plenum. You can still use the redundant air box for storage and reverting back if ever is a doddle. Make sure you pack rags around the oil tank when removing plenum as one or more spacers will drop and you won't get them back easily. Other than that PoP

Re TuneECU just practice by reading, saving then reloading your existing tune.

Re RamAir, only necessary to remove the plenum. You can still use the redundant air box for storage and reverting back if ever is a doddle. Make sure you pack rags around the oil tank when removing plenum as one or more spacers will drop and you won't get them back easily. Other than that PoP

Like the idea of using the same tune to practice on, in the end it's all about learning more about the bike. Read about the disappearing washers behind the oil tank. Will definitely pack any areas with rags.

Did not know if it was worth it to go there yet before I got the pipes as well. Will fit the Ramair and do the 12 minute tune at the very least. Having Lushy so close it certainly makes sense to get him to do it. Have you been for a ride since your recent tune?

10 km's only, come around today and pick up the bars and take it for a run?

Operation Ramair completed. Looked at the videos, read the Forums and then followed the instructions. Everything went to plan. Did the 12 minute tune and went for a ride. Great sound from the induction. Not sure if there is a Placebo effect but seems to run smoother, have more power, sounds better, makes me feel better and the bike even looks shinier. Best $200 I spent on the girl :)

Back